MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot not taking latency into account enough for me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been noticing with the gathering bot mode, when using the bot for mining, I have some issues where the bot doesn't seem to be waiting long enough before repeating an action.

For instance when casting stealth when there is a nearby mob, it will toggle it on then quickly off again sometimes, and gets aggro because of this. Seems like it is checking for the stealth buff again too quickly and inadvertently deactivating it.

I've also noticed sometimes when it goes to mount up it starts moving too soon and cancels mounting, then has to do it a couple more times before it's successful.

Is there anyway to adjust the bot to better take game latency into account so this doesn't happen?

My ping won't be amazing as I live on the west coast of canada and the datacenter is in Montreal, but it shouldn't be much worse than anyone else's ping.

Other than that I've been very pleased with MMOMinion's FFXIV bot, it's very well rounded and fully featured :)
you havent messed with your pulse time have you? whats your FPS set to for the game?
Yeah dont go lower than 30fps and dont mess with pulse time
lol the bot does the same for me even it is realy annoying i would like to see the old steath option but back in to the game or for this to be fixed/mad better
Pulse time was set to 150, I believe that is default? I play in borderless windowed and have FPS set to refresh rate so it's 60 fps.

I did try adjusting it after making this topic, and increasing it seemed to help with the stealthing at least. Haven't tested enough to know if it's a permanent solution, but I am guessing it is not the optimal way of solving this?
I'll adjust the timing of it a bit next update round. Sometimes their servers respond to buffs much slower than others, not due to any local issues, just their bad netcoding in general causes some responsiveness issues.