MMOMinion

Full Version: Shard Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello again, all

I've been running around for shards, so I thought I'd make a thread to see if anyone had any tips/experiences they wanted to share. I've been averaging about ~930 shards/hour using sprint, mount, and the appropriate wards. This nets me something like 80-90k per hour. I know it's not huge money, but it's an easy way to farm without investing much.

For you other shard farmers out there, how many are you netting per hour? Does anyone gather with teleport? Is everyone doing unspoiled nodes instead?
I gather shards with teleport/paranoid. Couldn't tell you how many shards I get per hour, honestly haven't looked.
Could you estimate the risk of gathering with teleport/paranoid? Is it a 24/7 gatherer, or do you just do it occasionally along with other stuff?
24/7 gathering
my central shroud gatherer gets about 810 wind per hour and my east shroud one gets about 723 wind per hour. Both are lvl 30 so i dont know how much a difference lvl 50 with more gear would make. I farm these for my own use since wind shards had shot up to 150-200g a piece for about a week and i normally run through 20k+ shards a day and i wasnt willing to pay those prices lol
If you're already using your ward, I don't think level 50 will make an appreciable difference. If you're not using wards, it's easy to set it up in the SkillManager. You might be able to pop wards more often with higher GP, but I think that would be a ~negligible increase. I'll try to get back with some data on the shards/hr comparison between paranoid/teleport gathering and "normal" gathering.

I'm mainly gathering in East Shroud right now, and it's rather crowded, so this probably won't be a good comparison given the congestion of the zone.
I farm 24/7 without teleporting and it gets me around 700+ shards an hour. depending on the shards its between 48k/hour to. 70k/hour.
How long have you been farming? Does anyone ever send you a /tell claiming that you're a bot? Have you had any run-ins with GMs/bans?
I started farming around 3 days ago and nothing happend so far.
Shard here isn't really good business, prices are 40gill each for shard, 80-100 for crystal. Probably one of the lowest gph, but steady unlike spiritbond botting
Pages: 1 2 3