MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot settings disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have an issue. The situation was like this: I was botting for a few hours, suddenly I got blue screen and computer instantly shut down without being able to read the error. However, when I logged back all of the bot settings were changed to default and unspoiled gathering locations removed, however, unspoiled gathering markers are present in the marker tab. What may be the cause for this? And how do I protect myself in future from this? Is there any way to recover lost settings?

Moreover, about two weeks ago a strange thing started happening, every time I would turn on the ffxiv minion the bot would download new files for updating, this was not happening before (also automatic updates were always on)

Sincerely,
Zanuffas
http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Unspoile...3#pid95983

Same issue as here, same fix. The settings reside in a somelonghexcode_settings.lua inside of <miniondirectory>\LuaMods\ffxivminion\. You can recover them if this happens by finding the settings file where your good settings are, and copy them to the one it's now using (usually the most recently modified date). Make sure the bot is not attached to ANY games or it will not take.
(04-18-2015, 05:47 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Unspoile...3#pid95983

Same issue as here, same fix. The settings reside in a somelonghexcode_settings.lua inside of <miniondirectory>\LuaMods\ffxivminion\. You can recover them if this happens by finding the settings file where your good settings are, and copy them to the one it's now using (usually the most recently modified date). Make sure the bot is not attached to ANY games or it will not take.

Thank you for your response, how do I save those good settings so that if this happens next time I would have them?

And what about the constant updating issue?
Something related to the bot is causing my system to crash restart. The bot reverts back to default settings. I don't care about the settings but more the fact that this happens multiple times a day and hurts the computer. any ideas?

thanks