MMOMinion

Full Version: Safe running 24/7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I love the bot, but so far I always turn it off when I go to bed in order to accumulate some offline time for the logs. How many of you actually bot 24/7 and did you get banned just by doing that? I'm scared they might flag you if they see that you're on the whole time doing stuff.
(04-22-2015, 06:44 PM)lol2k6 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I love the bot, but so far I always turn it off when I go to bed in order to accumulate some offline time for the logs. How many of you actually bot 24/7 and did you get banned just by doing that? I'm scared they might flag you if they see that you're on the whole time doing stuff.

Hey lol2k6,

From my experience running 24/7 depends entirely on what you do with it. For example if you run Fate Grind all night, some zones (Meshes) have a couple snags, that will give flags from player reporting towards you botting. This can be easily fixed by watching over where you might be grinding, and fixing them yourself. There is a very useful tool inside the bot that allows for quick fixes. Also, I've ran many farming, gathering, grinding, (Duty leveling/farming/grinding) etc... I haven't found much of a risk of getting banned in open world. Duty is a little risky, but up to you to decide it's use. I still use it, and will continue to do so. Maybe not as much on my main, but notting accounts, I don't worry about the risk involved.

Just avoid leaving it running 24/7 near maintenance/updates/ and patches time frames, and you should be ok.

Hope this is helpful to you~ Happy Botting ThumbsUp
When I was leveling with FATES (no duty farming) I got three characters to 50 on multiple jobs running for a week straight or longer. The only times I would interact with the characters was to move them to different zones. Also, when I maxed PVP I left it on for two weeks straight while I was on vacation. That was probably risky because PVP is so sketchy right now but that was last year. I never teleport though or duty bot.
I 24/7 FATEs and gathering and have been doing so for a few weeks. I move around occasionally, and don't spend more than 24 hours in the same spot doing the same thing, but I'm not actively tending to the game. I never get /tells, and so far everything seems fine. From what I've gathered, it seems like bans come quicker for those that bot dungeons.

Edit: I'm hearing mixed reports on the Duty bans. I don't ever do Duty, so I have no first hand experience. I'll defer to someone who actually has experience with this.
There is always a risk with ANY bot, but I've basically two run bots nearly 24/7 for two months with no issues. Just make sure /busy is on so you don't run around with the AFK flag.
(04-23-2015, 02:03 AM)bauer6644 Wrote: [ -> ]There is always a risk with ANY bot, but I've basically two run bots nearly 24/7 for two months with no issues. Just make sure /busy is on so you don't run around with the AFK flag.

You can also turn off your AFK flag by going to System Configuration > Other Settings > Auto-AFK Settings > Time Before Auto-AFK > Off