MMOMinion

Full Version: Are EU Keys Region Locked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I were to purchase an EU key would I be able to create a character on the North American servers with it?
You mean the game or the Bot?
(05-16-2015, 06:59 PM)csrsniper254 Wrote: [ -> ]If I were to purchase an EU key would I be able to create a character on the North American servers with it?

Yes you can create a character on NA servers using an EU key.
i live in the NA and i have EU and NA accounts. And servers mean nothing. I have NA accounts on JP EU and NA servers. EU/NA servers are both in Canada so i doubt that would ever make a difference.
dont you have to pay in euros or buy EU timecards for those accounts as well?
yes the conversion kills me but i can get EU 60 day cards for 17$-19$ so its super cheap EU games are like 9-12$
It's weird that the servers aren't region locked but good deal. Found EU keys for ~$5.
(05-17-2015, 04:44 PM)csrsniper254 Wrote: [ -> ]It's weird that the servers aren't region locked but good deal. Found EU keys for ~$5.

why is it weird. Ive never played a game where EU servers only let EU people on them... What would the poor ausies do? or people in NA that worked 3rd shift.

now ive played games that EU accounts where Region locked. Like you couldnt buy an EU version of the game unless you where in the EU, but that has nothing to do with servers.
(05-17-2015, 10:49 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2015, 04:44 PM)csrsniper254 Wrote: [ -> ]It's weird that the servers aren't region locked but good deal. Found EU keys for ~$5.

why is it weird. Ive never played a game where EU servers only let EU people on them... What would the poor ausies do? or people in NA that worked 3rd shift.

now ive played games that EU accounts where Region locked. Like you couldnt buy an EU version of the game unless you where in the EU, but that has nothing to do with servers.

I had assumed that you would need a US key to play on the US servers just because of the price difference between US and EU keys. It seems strange that anyone would pay almost 4x more for a US key when there is no difference between the two beyond being able to set your region to NA on your SE account.
EU keys are actually more expensive and game time is more expensive for NA player, if you buy the game or time from SE cause they make you convert to euro. so 1 months worth of game time is like 20$. Its only cheaper because you buy from a 3rd party which can bite you in the ass if they are obtained under "questionable means"