MMOMinion

Full Version: markers disappear after updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I notice my custom markers keep disappearing after each update. Everything else is there though, locations, skill profiles etc, just the markers disappear. It's killing me :(
I tried the export/import but nothing is there. maybe I'm exporting them wrong?
I type a filename and click export global, nothing happens. If i click export gather locations that works, i see the file created with my locations.
I see there is an import marker tree but no export marker?
Thanks!
-Jet
Markers are self-contained in their own files, the .info files that reside in the Navigation folder along with the meshes, so there would be nothing gained by an export. To back them up, just copy the .info files you've modified and put them in a safe location. The updates shouldn't be overwriting the .info files as far as I know.
it *seems* the markers are saved in the navmeshs? or am i wrong? i think it would be better if they are saved with the locations or in the global save because the navmesh's are updated frequently. or am I out to lunch? lol

thanks ace, i didn't see your reply before i posted that. but i did figure out they weren't part of the export at least :) cool that's exactly what i wanted to do! thanks for the reply.
fyi as you can see it does update .info files. 3 in this case so that explains it. Actually it appears to notice the .info files i changed, which seems to trigger it to download them again.
thanks Ace, the update did overwrite my files, but i was able to restore them from my copies this time and was able to get my markers back!
thanks! I have to say the support here is amazing! :)
I hate to say it but it's still updating over my info files. Do i need to redownload the launcher again?
haha no problems, it's an AMAZING program for sure! I couldn't even think a program like this could be possible, I'm really really impressed!!! you guys must have worked on this for countless hours.
Closing this case for now, request it to be opened again if it appears again. :)
Pages: 1 2