MMOMinion

Full Version: Minionapp + Proxy Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

with old launcher, I was able to use minion from my workplace, with new launcher I get unrecoverable error when trying to log in. Did you guys change the way minionapp connects to the internet or smt? If yes, is there any way I can use the old method?

This seems to be the error:

16 System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at MinionAPI.MinionAddonManager.DoLogin(String username, String password)

How do I feed Minionapp my proxy info?
sounds like your work is behind a proxy that blocks some ports the new launcher uses
The old launcher now shows a "get minionapp" message. Up to this point, I was able to use FFXIVMionion at work via old launcher since my company blocked the ports necessary for Minionapp, which is now no longer possible. I kindly ask you to add some fallback ports for authentication, specifically the one's used by old launcher.
It's very likely that our proxy requires re-authentication when asked to allow a HTTPS connection. Think a HTTP fallback or some sort of authentication pop-up would be possible if the request returns 407?
(07-11-2015, 01:36 PM)Tassabra Wrote: [ -> ]Think a HTTP fallback or some sort of authentication pop-up would be possible if the request returns 407?

Please let me know whether or not you're considering this. Thanks in advance.
Adding the following snippet to the MINIONAPP.exe.config file, <system.net> section, will allow for proxy authentication.

Code:
<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true" >
    </defaultProxy>

/fixed