MMOMinion

Full Version: Paranoid mode implementation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering if there is a way to change the parameters of paranoid mode. I read that it searches 30 yalms and 50 objects. Is there a way to increase both parameters to a degree without causing issues with autoupdate? :) thanks anyone who can help.
Where did you read that?

[Image: 9fca16f326.png]

The scan range is 50 and there's no limit to the amount of players it can detect. All it needs is 1 to not teleport though.

ffxiv_helpers.lua is the file you are looking for like was stated in your other thread.
I got the 30 yaw bit from http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial...d-Settings

It's funny I can't find the post which suggested it checked 50 objects. Maybe it's gone, I will look for it if you'd like.

I have done some testing. I believe paranoid mode works well in low-latency internet service situations, as it checks the whole minimap.

However, with lag spikes, an absolute paranoid mode would account for the (maximum) distance a player could ever possibly legitimately close in on your current position without it registering on your minimap (and possibly theirs) before you teleport. I want it to account for latency. I do not know the units for this, but the increase in distance I am looking for should correlate with about a 500ms lag spike. This is likely only a small distance, where adding 1-3 should suffice. In the event that someone were to receive your location data before you receive theirs the check can fail. This may only be 1/1000 teleports, so perhaps I am indeed too paranoid.

I would actually propose implementing it in general if I haven't supposed more than I know, to keep the community safer as a whole. Just an idea.
If devs have not accounted for latency then

Line 3221 I need something added like;

Code:
            if myLatency > 500 then
                return false
            end[/code]

The issue with this, of course, is myLatency is a pseudo-variable, of which I can not assign a meaningful quantity with my current knowledge.

I will try to refrain from making too many posts. I am excited about this bot.
Not to be blunt but I have no idea what you're on about with latency and all. We don't have any latency API as latency isn't a cut and dry thing to pull, and it's not likely we ever will, so if you need that level of comfort you probably just shouldn't use it.
I see. You make your point concisely, as dumb as I feel. Nevertheless, I commend you for your work sir and see no further need to discuss this topic if no one else does.