MMOMinion

Full Version: Updating & Crashing: It's Becoming a Trend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's what's been happening:
  • I restart minionapp after every update
  • After every update I relaunch FF and try to attach the bot
  • "Final Fantasy has stopped working"
  • I see "MinionLauncher.exe" in the process just hanging there even after I close minionapp and end it.
  • I try again in hopes that it'll eventually attach itself without crashing the game

This has been the pattern almost every update with either the minion app or the the bot. I've disabled both 3rd party security and windows. I don't know what to do anymore...
(07-05-2015, 06:18 PM)flipside101 Wrote: [ -> ]I've disabled both 3rd party security and windows.

What OS are you using? And are you using any programs that might put an overlay in the game?
(07-05-2015, 07:29 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]windows version ?
antivirus ?
other antimalware?
installed in c:\minionapp?

Weird, I thought i edited the info, anyways:

Win 7 x64
Avast Antivirus, no other antimalware
yes, installed in c:\minionapp
(07-05-2015, 09:21 PM)flipside101 Wrote: [ -> ]Avast Antivirus, no other antimalware

there is your problem...

as mentioned many times and in the installation guide itself,

http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=installation

1. Windows 7 has the Defender Antivirus by default installed, this does not work with Minion. Install Microsoft Security Essentials from 3 lines above!
  2. If you have any other Antivirus/Firewall installed, UNINSTALL IT and install the correct one mentioned just 3 lines above. Restart your computer once afterwards
  3. “But I disabled my 3rd party Antivirus” - Disabled is not disabled. They have several background services still running which can cause problems running our minion products.
  4. If you stll insist on using your 3rd Party Antivirus, you may try to whitelist your Minion Product or something similiar, maybe it works for a while, but it can stop working at any future point due to updates.

I strongly recommend installing windows security essentials if you are running windows 7, it gives zero issues with our stuff.