MMOMinion

Full Version: Market Board data?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm curious to know if any of the developers of MMOminion for FFXIV, know if the market board data is accessible, and if it is can you export it to a text file?
It would be nice but I seem to remember reading somewhere that it isn't feasible in frxiv for some reason. The bot would probably have to stand there and click every item category and also click through every page of each. Would probably take a few hours each time.
If it was possible you'd see 3rd party market board websites with trackable trends etc. Sorry, not possible. I'm sure when they decide to implement some kind of addon api, that it might be possible then. But not now.
I wiiish
Jesus I wish. I'd find some cute little nerdette, turn her into my slave, and make her make and app for me to keep track of the market board lol.

But......

I don't see why it isn't possible in some sense. Didn't they do it with FFXI? And I KNOW other games have similar things. We have wow which has several addons just for tracking the AH and we have their app for buying/selling directly onto the AH from a phone.

This might be a little nuts but here is an idea:

What if you made something similar to guild work and distributed it for free. It would keep track of prices and update its history based on what items people looked at. Just like how guild works alerts other players using guild work to hunt locations as long as a gw person is near the mob.

I'm not saying feed the players the information directly either. Or make them wait through aassive scan process like with wow. I'm saying give them a software that helps you out. It sends market board data to a specific location. and each time someone clicks an item on the market board, it updates that item provided they have the software. In fact, you can encourage people to actually do this for you;

You offer them the freeware to monitor the MB. You give them free access to the MB tracker. You throw a discount for your bots to anyone USING or currently installed with your mob tracker software. (Just dont make it lag hellacious mates, eh? lol) Not saying you knock something like fifty bucks off the price, just a little incentive. Maybe ten bucks or so? You could make a nice tidy profit off of it. A LOT of hardcore players surf the MB constantly looking to strike on cheap sales. So anything that tells them how to make a quick buck might get you a quick buck in return. They come to rely on your MB freeware, (Don't get cheap and stick some of the features behind a price tag. I cant tell you how many devs shoot themselves in the foot like that. People don't like being so glarringly reminded that you are out to make a living too you know.) They get used to the idea of you, and eventually start using your bots. Some of them might turn their nose up at it at first, but that is okay. You don't want the instant money, you want the earned money because it keeps flowing longer.

Of course if all that is to much of a gamble, you could just put up a donation section and place SMALL goals on it for the effort put into it. In the end, the more people with the free ware the better it will work.
WoW has a limited function for a full AH scan, Eve has an API. But FF has nothing comparable and the pure load of items would probably either hang up the game or the bot. But I have seen some 3rd party programs for FF doing Combat Logging, Player counting and also Market Board recording, sadly I have not bookmarked them.
I found two things, that should have been great, but are basically dead.

https://japura.net/ffxivmc# (an FFXIV plugin that will export market data when looking at items, on Lamia only.)

http://xiv-market.com/ (a site where users could input item data and then you could see historical pricing)

Wish xiv-market was active, because it looked to be the best option.
hello necro thread
Maybe he hopes that something changed? In XI, ffxiah was awesome and it took a long time to play without something similar on 14. One can wish ;(
(01-15-2016, 01:57 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]hello necro thread

The people who say "necro thread" are also the ones that will say "Can you use the search function? There is already a thread about this here"

So I prefer to be smart and avoid duplicate topics, regardless of the age of the thread, especially when I am actually contributing updated info.
Pages: 1 2