MMOMinion

Full Version: No game to attach to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there. I installed a new GPU yesterday and ever since, Minion has been unable to find the FFXIV process for some reason when I go to manually attach it to my game. I upgraded to a Radeon 290x card and do not have CCC or any of the other crap Radeon installs with its drivers installed.

[Image: dcUBPVG.png]

What OS are you running?

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)

What AV is installed?(Antivirus)

Windows Firewall and whatever came with Windows 8.1.

Where is the bot installed?(installed path)

C:\Users\Name\Desktop\FFXIV Min

Do you have any Anti-Malware installed?

No.

Do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, Teamviwer installed?

Mumble and TS3 are installed but never running when Minion is. Minion worked fine with them installed yesterday before switching cards.

Did you follow the install instructions found HERE

Yes.

Are you running the bot as admin?

Yes.

Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?

Attach button.

Are you running any Bot addons?

No.

My keycode is still valid for 15 days and 7 hours. It was working fine all week until the card change.

Going to go out on a limb here and say it's probably some Radeon software. Unfortunately, I can't find any running at the time of executing either 14 or Minion.

Any help is appreciated in advance.
ok first thing
Did you follow the install instructions found HERE

Yes.

Where is the bot installed?(installed path)

C:\Users\Name\Desktop\FFXIV Min

this is wrong

All our Products / Bots are started through a central Software, the MinionApp.

Create a new empty Folder in C:\MinionApp\
Download MinionApp
Unpack the content of Minionapp.zip into that new empty folder you just created
Start the MinionApp.exe.
Read MinionApp

First step is to install in to C:\MinionAPP\ so i suggest you reread the set up installation for required files, then Read the Minion APP tutorial and follow the instructions step by step dont skip anything.
Also, since you have a new video card you were probably excited to see the DirectX11 upgrades. The Minionapp can't see the DX11 instance of FFXIV, you have to run the DX9 version.
(07-09-2015, 10:10 PM)kdavis4328 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, since you have a new video card you were probably excited to see the DirectX11 upgrades. The Minionapp can't see the DX11 instance of FFXIV, you have to run the DX9 version.

Thank you very much! Your response was actually useful and this is exactly what it was! ^^ I had thought about this and turned D9 back on but for some reason it didn't work at the time. Retried it just now and it's working fine after restarting the game.

[Image: 8yriBTM.png]

Funny that this isn't even mentioned in the installation guide. :)

Edit: Oh look: the guide was just updated to include this specific problem.
(07-09-2015, 11:02 PM)Kaggypants Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2015, 10:10 PM)kdavis4328 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, since you have a new video card you were probably excited to see the DirectX11 upgrades. The Minionapp can't see the DX11 instance of FFXIV, you have to run the DX9 version.

Thank you very much! Your response was actually useful and this is exactly what it was! ^^ I had thought about this and turned D9 back on but for some reason it didn't work at the time. Retried it just now and it's working fine after restarting the game.

[Image: 8yriBTM.png]

Funny that this isn't even mentioned in the installation guide. :)

actually it says to point the game to the FFXIV.exe Not the FFXIV11.exe. and its mentioned many times here on the forums that the bot doesnt support DX11 cause its 64 bit they would have to totally rebuild the bot to support dx11.
Quote:FFXIV11.exe

There is no such executable or process. Not to mention the fact that the app gives you a very specific warning should you try to redirect to ffxiv_dx11.exe.

[Image: 35apF00.png]

Please, by all means, keep insisting that a program can only be run from the C directory or insinuating that someone does not know how to read when it's stated in the OP that the problem only appeared after switching GPUs.

Thanks again for the help, kdavis4328. Have a good evening.
(07-10-2015, 12:30 AM)Kaggypants Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:FFXIV11.exe

There is no such executable or process. Not to mention the fact that the app gives you a very specific warning should you try to redirect to ffxiv_dx11.exe.

[Image: 35apF00.png]

Please, by all means, keep insisting that a program can only be run from the C directory or insinuating that someone does not know how to read when it's stated in the OP that the problem only appeared after switching GPUs.

Thanks again for the help, kdavis4328. Have a good evening.

Please by all means keep insisting that we have not come across COUNTLESS times that people have not installed this program in to C:\ and then when moving it C:\MinionApp because of Permision issues has fixed their problems. Its in the install guide for a reason. Because we have had it cause issues before not being there. Do you know how many times we have gotten "IT WORKED BEFORE" and it turns out they still have an AV installed or its not installed to C:\ and moving it there or removing the AV has fixed the issue. Countless apon countless support topics made because people do not follow the install guide. as exactly for you, you where running the DX 11 version of the game, and the install guide says to use the dx9 version of the game. So alas this had nothing to do with your video cards but the fact you were not following the install guide.

Press the Set Game Path Button and navigate to the Game-Executable (.exe) of the Game you want to Bot (for example ffxiv.exe, gw2.exe, eso.exe etc.)

this has always been in the install guide, it clearly states to use FFXIV.exe not the FFXIV_dx_11.exe which you where using by launching the dx 11 version of the game.