MMOMinion

Full Version: Is this program detachable by GM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, the point is, if u are in front of the monitor while the bots runs, can the GM ban u anyways evenif u answer him?
as far as i know, any GM can ban you at any time. If they will or not is something only they know.
(07-19-2015, 06:48 PM)Evisama Wrote: [ -> ]As the title says, the point is, if u are in front of the monitor while the bots runs, can the GM ban u anyways evenif u answer him?

if your asking if the GM can detect the bots injection no.
i ran the bot all thru 2.0 all jobs to 50 never got caught. only if you dont use the bot smart, you should always be in ear shot so you can hear tells and such
(07-19-2015, 11:41 PM)calibeaner916 Wrote: [ -> ]i ran the bot all thru 2.0 all jobs to 50 never got caught. only if you dont use the bot smart, you should always be in ear shot so you can hear tells and such
The point is I got ban once for FATE grinding in Thanalan, but had to be honest, I didnt bot with brain, went total AFK and prolly got stuck somewhere for hours, got reported, if they cant detect the bot injection and Im like watching anime with the bot running on another monitor I should be ok then?
I wanna be sure just because next ban is perma...
GM's rarely message you before they ban you, if you dont want that account to be perma'd then just stop botting on it.
I haven't gotten banned. The key is to bot smart. Don't leave your bot on for 20 hours straight and don't just leave it unattended. I'm usually around, watching TV, playing Xbox or spending time with my family. If someone white knights against me I turn the bot off and ask them why they are bothering me. Sometimes depending on my mood I report them for harassment with some success. GMs are not usually just trolling around looking for stuff. So if one decides to ban you it's usually because a player reported you, they logged on and monitored you long enough to validate the claim and then issued punishment.

If they think you're doing something against ToS they usually don't talk to you unless it is a conduct issue and even then you'll probably get hit without notice and an e-mail explaining why and the length of punishment. If they talked to you then you'd have a chance to rationalize what you were doing and then could argue your way out of it with CS.
I've literally had entire conversations with GMs while farming (legit) content using assist mode. He actually commented something about my ability To talk to him while dodging and maintaining dps that he was impressed but nothing else. Carried on and he handled my request.

Edit: no it wasn't the gm appearing in the instance. Just message thru /tell
Honestly if you don't make it obvious SE probably gives no fucks about people just botting to farm or level up. Their real focus is on exploits and gil sellers.