MMOMinion

Full Version: Any instructions on new fishing options? (whitelist/blacklist/etc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are there any instructions on how to use the new options in the fishing marker window? I see that we can now whitelist or blacklist different types of fish, but I was unable to get it to work by using just regular fish names in the text boxes as plain text. Explanation of the moochable fish and other new options would be appreciated as well. Thank you!
its probably gonna be like any other blist/whitelist and need the content id
Ah, I see. What is the best way to find the content ID for a given fish?
Blacklist/Whitelist is actually based on name.
I can't seem to get it to work using plain text names. I'm adding each fish separated by a semicolon in both the Blacklist Fish and Blacklist Fish(HQ) sections like this:

Blacklist Fish(HQ): Lominsan Anchovy;Mitten Crab
Blacklist Fish: Lominsan Anchovy;Mitten Crab

I've also tried using all lowercase letters and it didn't seem to make a difference.
Comma separated, not semicolon.
Tried the blacklist separated with commas, both lowercase and sentence case, but no luck. :(
I will re-test tonight.

I uploaded some changes, worked for me.
Keep in mind that mooching takes precedence over releasing fish, so plan accordingly.
Ah, sorry Ace, it was my screw up.

I had reverted to using the old skill manager for a battle class profile that hasn't been updated and had completely forgotten I had done so.
So it just wasn't working because I was using the old skill manager, my apologies. :x

I'll retry it with the update and the actual new skill manager and report back.

Update:

Hmm, still doesn't seem to be working for me.
I've attached how I setup my marker, hopefully you can tell me where I made a mistake.

What I tested was the Lava Crab, it catches it but doesn't release it. It's not a moochable fish, so I don't think it's that.

Thanks Ace!
Had the same issue as you SilverShadow while Fishing out in W. Coerthas

Then I tried just Blacklisting a single fish "Ice Faerie" in both HQ/NQ spots - it worked.

Added space between commas, didn't work - so that isn't your issue

Then one thing I did notice was that when I tried editing the marker while fishing, it wouldn't take effect until I started over.

For example - I start fishing, I editing the marker while fishing / pole is out , it didn't seem to take effect until I stopped the bot, put away the rod and started the timer for the marker over (set for default at 300 seconds)

I also don't think all of those boxes need to be filled out that in depth.

Look at my attachment - the two HQ Blacklisted fish I typed in are Moochable and like Ace said, Mooch takes precedence for it. So even though I have it blacklisted, it did not release those HQ fish. Almost pointless to list them.

Caught the Icepicks, Seema and Clams I was going for.

Released all NQ Ice faeries and smelts; Mooched all HQ ones
Pages: 1 2