MMOMinion

Full Version: Windows 10 and Compatibility Mode issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't "Search the forum" cop out on me before you read this.

Upgraded to Windows 10 Home this morning, my key expires tomorrow on Minion, so this hopefully can get figured out so I don't buy a key that doesn't work.

STEPS ->

Open Minion -> Settings -> General -> Attach Method -> CompatibleMode -> Crash FFXIV On attach

Checked to see if Minion was in admin mode -> PASS -> rerun bot attach -> CRASH

Put FFXIV in Compatible Mode with Windows 8 -> Black screen, game wont load -> Changed c0ompitibility to Windows 7 -> Black screen, game wont load

Removed FFXIV compatibility modes -> Put Minion in windows 7 compatibility mode -> Launcher wont load core elements on app -> changed to windows 8 compatibility -> attach to FFXIV failure

Remove all compatibility modes -> Minion account compatibility mode still active -> FFXIV crash on attach.

I'm at a loss for what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.
We still don't officially support Windows 10, so if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, that's really about all you'll get as an official answer.
(08-03-2015, 02:16 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]We still don't officially support Windows 10, so if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, that's really about all you'll get as an official answer.

Alright Ace thanks, I'll be back in a few weeks to see if I can resume Minioning.
I also use Windows 10 and what works for me is to attach Minion in the start screen. After Minion is attached you can press start and login to your character.
I havent had a crash after I start doing this.

Hope it works for you too.
lasselingon, what do you have for a computer/bot settings. There isn't a damned thing I can do to make this not crash. The BEST I've gotten is into the game with the bot attached, then it crashes. I'm running windows 10 as well., but even on 8.1 it was kinda touch and go.
(08-03-2015, 02:16 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]We still don't officially support Windows 10, so if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, that's really about all you'll get as an official answer.

Kinda wish i knew that before i got the new key .... Do you have an ETA on when its going to be supported? I know everyone busts there ass on here just kinda wondering. Complaint
Give this a try, see if it work for me. It work for me on Windows 10 Pro 64Bits. Good luck!

http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Here-is-...#pid108900