MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot wasn't attaching this morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I leave my computer on 24/7 and there were no windows updates installed. It ran fine before I went to bed, but this morning it would start FFXIV but never connect, and no error messages in the log. It would then go back to start and would start another ffxiv and again nothing. I tried attaching manually and it would say starting game and attaching bot, but then go back to starting game. I tried rebooting and still didn't work. I was in compatibility mode, then changed it to normal mode and it still wouldn't attach. Finally I set it back to compatibility mode and it finally attached.

* What OS are you running? Windows 10 release version
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) Built in defender
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path) c:\mmominion
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? Installed but not running. the free antimalware bytes. Never caused issues before because it's the free version and I run it on demand, no background tasks.
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? No
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE. Yes, it's been running fine til this morning.
* Are you running the bot as admin? Yes
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? Tried both
*Are you running any Bot addons? No

actually i see windows did have an update last night, it installed after i rebooted. Not sure if that had something to do with it.
i would remove antimaleware bytes for sure, and remeber what the sticky says just because it worked before doesnt mean it will work now.
So you never run a malware scan on your system other than default windows? that's not very safe :) anyway I uninstalled it and geforce and i can't attach again :(
I think i will try a total new re-install from scratch.

btw, which nvidia driver are you running again cichard?
i put the latest NVidia driver and clean install of mmominion.. i don't know, I got it to attach in compatible mode again at least. Will not attach in normal mode.
After a windows update?
you can run malware scans, its just software that has realtime scanning may block it from working thats all.
ok that's what I thought. I do not have any realtime scans running. Yes after the windows update. Seems maybe it only affected me though :(
if you are not downloading stupid stuff or going to stupid websites or letting stupid cookies from questionable sites... you wont have any trouble. I have never had a virus on a computer ever. but i also dont go to dumb websites or download torrents from shitty sites and such.