MMOMinion

Full Version: 4-Man Dungeon with Assist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
* What OS are you running? Windows 7
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) Microsoft Security Essentials
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path) C:\MinionApp
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? No
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? No
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE Yes
* Are you running the bot as admin? Yes
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? MinionApp launches all 4
*Are you running any Bot addons? No

Hi all, so far everything has been running great and learning a lot about the LUA coding but one issue still eludes me and that is getting a 4-Man team to follow the leader using Teleport in Dungeons.

Read up about it on the forums and pretty sure I'm setup correctly:
Running 4 bots, party leader is set as Assist, other 3 as Duty.
Created a blank duty profile, for example Aurum Vale with Map ID 172, Category 1 (Loads in fine, no errors on all 3)
I use the Teleport controls under the modules section and the leader (party leader) moves around just fine but the other 3 bots do nothing.

I have verified that if I set them to assist and teleport around manually they attack targets so they are responsive, they just don't follow the leader while under duty mode and leader under assist mode.

I've also tried to have the dungeon leader be the assist and the followers as duty but same results.

I've removed MinionApp and started a fresh install / download just to make sure there were no issues with the one I was running.

I've run some pre-scripted ones like Cichard's farm Aurum Vale and all 4 run beautifully once I modified in the ["Category"], it is just an issue trying to manually clear some story dungeons/trials.
I've recently been having the same issues with duty not being able to follow the leader. It also happens (for me) when using a profile on all 4 accounts.
make sure there is not ["independant"] = true; tag
That is the only way I could make it work was to use ["independant"] = true; albeit not follow, but do the dungeon. Could not use the method suggested above by Leinar.
I double checked the Duty Profile and there is no ["Independant"] tag:

Code:
-- Persistent Data
local multiRefObjects = {

} -- multiRefObjects
local obj1 = {
    ["Category"] = 1;
    ["MapID"] = 172;
}
return obj1
make sure you open the followers duty list window and go the dungeon setting. they have to pull the data.
I've been playing around some with the settings and for some strange reason I had one out of the three follow the leader for about a min, then it fell to the ground level and stopped following, odd.

Anyways just to check out some more possible options, I'm using just the minionapp launcher (the one to the right of the "Home" button) to load all 4 bots, should I be using the multibox launcher instead?

As for errors, I'm seeing an in game error from the application "Cannot edit character details" when I load a duty profile and I know that is not coming from minionapp, it's just an odd error to see from the game.

I have console open on all 3 and seeing:
[Image: 209o7j9.png]

It's acting like the x,y,z,h coordinates are not making it to the other bots to know where to go, yet for a brief moment one bot was following and then stopped.

Granted I could just start building some auto-navs I guess but I do enjoy manually running things from time to just get through a quick run without spending time building duty profiles for each dungeon/msq/trial/etc.
did you open the duty window on the follower bots, U- then click on the 2nd tab? try that so they can pull the duty data. also make sure your leader syncs his pos when you TP him, i just tested this and it works. you have to turn hte camera left/Right this will update the pos. and you are using the "leader" of the part when you are not in the duty correct?
Thanks for the assist on this Cichard

I'll look for this 2nd tab you mentioned when I get home. The screenshot above is from one of the followers. I select "DUTY" from the "Lua Modules" from the bar up top, and that produces that Duty window you see in the screen shot, so I'm unsure where this 2nd tab is located but I'll do some more searching later today.

As to the other question, I've been testing with the "Assist" going to the Party Leader when outside a duty/dungeon which I assumed would be the correct one since that "Leader" choice can be something completely different when inside a duty/dungeon/trial/etc.

Also to make sure all four are synced I ran the WP_Bosses duty profile on all 4 and that worked great with no independent tags, so I have to assume it was getting the coordinate info from the party leader just by the fact that it was always the party leader that moved first and then the other 3 caught up a split second later, or that was framing / server / client lag, but this was also with all four using "DUTY" for the bot so it is not entirely related.

There are not a lot of repeat posts on the forums for this issue so I'm 99.99% sure this is a PEBCAK error (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard), it's just frustrating trying to figure out the tiny thing I'm missing in my setup.
when i mean open the duty window i mean in the game its self [Image: CG6kLML.png]
Pages: 1 2