MMOMinion

Full Version: FFXIV Client randomly starts flickering and has weird texture issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After being opened for a while in Fullscreen Windowed or Windowed, the FFXIV client start to have very obnoxious flickering and sometimes will have random textures just appear as yellow if it's minimized for long periods.

While this doesn't really bother me when using MMOMinion for gathering or FATEs grinding, it does become an issue whenever I use it for Assist. In the middle of a boss fight it'll just start to spazz out and I have to relaunch the game to fix it.

* What OS are you running? Windows 10
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) None, Firewall Disabled and so is Windows Defender
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path) C:\MinionApp
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? No
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? Nope, the only overlay/program that communicates with FFXIV is Active Combat Tracker and most of the time I don't have it on so it's not related.
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE Off course
* Are you running the bot as admin? Yup
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? minionapp launches the client
*Are you running any Bot addons? Nope
(08-19-2015, 02:12 PM)yuri20346 Wrote: [ -> ]After being opened for a while in Fullscreen Windowed or Windowed, the FFXIV client start to have very obnoxious flickering and sometimes will have random textures just appear as yellow if it's minimized for long periods.

While this doesn't really bother me when using MMOMinion for gathering or FATEs grinding, it does become an issue whenever I use it for Assist. In the middle of a boss fight it'll just start to spazz out and I have to relaunch the game to fix it.

* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) None, Firewall Disabled and so is Windows Defender
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? Nope, the only overlay/program that communicates with FFXIV is Active Combat Tracker and most of the time I don't have it on so it's not related.
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? minionapp launches the client

Hi,

Im not a support guy but actually i have this problem too on windows 10 with an AMD card. On the same pc on Windows 7 (dual partition) i dont have the problems. So my conclusion would be that the win10 amd drivers still need some fixing :)

If anyone has another solution, please tell us :)

BR
(08-19-2015, 02:23 PM)Syther Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2015, 02:12 PM)yuri20346 Wrote: [ -> ]After being opened for a while in Fullscreen Windowed or Windowed, the FFXIV client start to have very obnoxious flickering and sometimes will have random textures just appear as yellow if it's minimized for long periods.

Hi,

Im not a support guy but actually i have this problem too on windows 10 with an AMD card. On the same pc on Windows 7 (dual partition) i dont have the problems. So my conclusion would be that the win10 amd drivers still need some fixing :)

If anyone has another solution, please tell us :)

BR

Correct, I too use an AMD card, an R9 280 to be precise. Now that you pointed this out, I haven't tried running the game without MMOMinion in DX9, whenever I play the game without it I just use DX11 so it might not even be a mmominion issue.