MMOMinion

Full Version: Fate Boss priority
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to enable bot to attack enemies with least health first? This becomes problematic when doing Fates that have boss and adds which stack while the bot only targets the boss.
Well, for full disclosure, here's the problem with creating such a thing. It doesn't hold up for every FATE, and as far as I know, most FATEs will work out much worse if the bots are following this behavior. It is probably true there are a few FATEs in which the scenario you describe is true, and it works out poorly that the bot wants to target the boss, but more often, this isn't the case. Historically there are a number of FATEs which will punish you (think Cancer) for targeting adds instead of the main boss. To really make it work this work, we would need a solid list of which FATEs work better if lowest health is targeted as priority, and which ones need to focus the boss, which is no small task considering the number of "boss" type FATEs in existence.

Further full disclosure, this is how the FATE bot used to work, and people complained about it quite a lot, which is why it works the way it does now.
yes please do not do this, either set boss fates to 5% so that you know other people are doing the fate before your bot goes there or disable boss fates or blist that one specific fate. Please do not change how this works.
(09-21-2015, 12:16 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]yes please do not do this, either set boss fates to 5% so that you know other people are doing the fate before your bot goes there or disable boss fates or blist that one specific fate. Please do not change how this works.

Could always be a toggle option, unless it is too much work.

It is really not a huge deal but it does bring down efficiency of the bot if the person does not want to grind to level 60 in Northern Thanalan. Having to blacklist Fates that bot cannot reach in HW due to terrain causes it to lose out on even more fates.
well you are not ment to fate grind in HW area yet untill flying, unless you want to enable Teleporting(which is what i do)
(09-22-2015, 12:34 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]well you are not ment to fate grind in HW area yet untill flying, unless you want to enable Teleporting(which is what i do)

Last time I checked flying did not have a definite release date. A little tweaking and my bot was traveling just fine between fates. I think it is a little less obvious to ride a mount in HW than it is to grind N. Thanalan Lvl 49 fates as a Lvl 55-59 with dozens of other botters.