MMOMinion

Full Version: ffxiv: bot launches ffxiv but the game crashes instantly [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran the bot fine with the questing 1-15 profile and decided to buy Sebbs full quest pack for all classes. There was an update so I installed it and then when I started the bot again the game opens up but crashes instantly. I never even see the start screen.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bot but it didn't help. No clue how to fix it. Running Windows 10 64bit. The weird thing is that the bot worked fine for hours until I installed some new update for it. I think the only change in the update was some MD5 thing.

Fixed: Rebooting PC solved it :p
I've been having this same issue constantly. A pc reboot did not fix my issue.

Constantly crashes FFXIV window when the Minion app receives notice that there's an update (only md5 changes on whichever class script I happened to be running at the time)

Happens on the 1-15 quest and 1-50 quest packs all the same.

I have to close minionapp and reopen it until it doesn't do one of these ridiculous md5 updates to get the bot to run again without a crash. Even this fix is temporary until the next random update (sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 3 hours) later.

any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: my temporary fix no longer works... As I posted this, the problem started occurring constantly, and will not allow me to get through a quest turn in before crashing every time it reloads from a fresh MinionApp run even.
the only time you should get a md5 update is if you change something in the files that come with the bot. so if you edit a skill profile or edit a mesh you will get this and the bot will want to redownload the update. Any changes you make to a profile you should save with a new name and use it. If you want any further help you need to answer teh questions in the sticky.
* Windows 10 (compatibility mode enabled)
* No AV, defender disabled, no antimalware either.
* Install Path: C:\Users\xxxXXX\Downloads\FFXIV_Updater\MINIONAPP.exe
* Catalyst Control Center is installed
* followed full install guide
* Are you running the bot as admin? yes
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? tried both, error persists

just got it to run for an hour or so without issue, then when it crashed again I noticed it's always logging back in to a quest to turn in that I saw it START to complete but crashed during the completion process.