MMOMinion

Full Version: AV reports since update last night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Avast AV been going nuts since trying to update last night. This has never happened before. It is reporting MinionLauncher.exe and putting into the virus chest with "Win32:Malware-gen".

The popup report says blocking FileRepMetagen Malware.

I do have the folder in my exclusions list in Avast.

It has been blocking the connection to update ever since...

Anything to be worried about?
(09-25-2015, 02:21 PM)Chunky Wrote: [ -> ]My Avast AV been going nuts since trying to update last night. This has never happened before. It is reporting MinionLauncher.exe and putting into the virus chest with "Win32:Malware-gen".

The popup report says blocking FileRepMetagen Malware.

I do have the folder in my exclusions list in Avast.

It has been blocking the connection to update ever since...

Anything to be worried about?

Windows 7 has the Defender Antivirus by default installed, this does not work with Minion. Install Microsoft Security Essentials from 3 lines above!
If you have any other Antivirus/Firewall installed, UNINSTALL IT and install the correct one mentioned just 3 lines above. Restart your computer once afterwards.
“But I disabled my 3rd party Antivirus” - Disabled is not disabled. They have several background services still running which can cause problems running our minion products.
If you still insist on using your 3rd Party Antivirus, you may try to white-list your Minion Product or something similar, maybe it works for a while, but it can stop working at any future point due to updates.

Its like teh first thing it tells you to do right after the installation of the required files????

http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=installation
I understand, but it has worked with the folders whitelisted for years now. Just started reporting last night.
(09-25-2015, 03:13 PM)Chunky Wrote: [ -> ]I understand, but it has worked with the folders whitelisted for years now. Just started reporting last night.

READ THE STICKY!!!

Finally when getting support dont do what you "THINK" is right or "IT WORKED BEFORE" we say these things because we know that they have been known issues in the past and it can creep up at any time. So follow instructions in the install guide, remove problematic software, and follow our instructions when getting support.

read further in the installation guide, if you want the bot to work and want support on the bot REMOVE YOUR ANTIVIRUS!!!! If you refuse to remove your AV then do not expect any form of support.
(09-25-2015, 04:59 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]hahahah :D exactly that :D

Would any other of the minion bosses like to pile on one of your clients? I do pay for this...

I still think something that works for years that suddenly stops could possibly be symptomatic of a valid issue. Of course I can find my own workaround or just make it work.

I'll try and share less, though I did help out another member with my similar experiences already. Perhaps I'll refrain from that as well and just let yall "HAHAHAHA" at them too.
I'll just close this thread before this goes any further. Users thinking they are somehow exempt from the basic instructions eat up a lot of support time, so you should understand the reason you're being mocked for falling into that category.