MMOMinion

Full Version: Skillmanager: raid optimization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I run Bard in my raid setting and have made a bunch of changes to the wealth of Cupid Luv given here on Minion. What I look for in tweaking my profile is ABC, always be casting. To optimize I want my GCD to always be ticking. I also like the Queuing feature, it is definitely a net positive. So first off thanks to all those who have put their efforts online for us to learn from.

I've tweaked the available times the skillmanager uses as oGCD based on my current skill speed and I've eeked out another 50dps in an already great profile. Changing times available to oGCD under the advanced tab has resulted in my GCD ticking much more consistently.

The main thing that prevents constant GCD usage is the occassional double usage of oGCD's, especially with empy arrow. Bard is a bit unique now due to cast bars in HW. Based on your personal skill speed, you have a smaller window of GCD recast to pop oGCDs.

Finally to my request for skillmanager.
The ability to flag skills in the profile to solely occupy an oGCD slot between GCD's.

This way you could still have the optimal opener that pops 2 skills between GCDs and switch to single usage during the meat of a raid. If you like to use the 'Queuing' feature, it is not reliable to just change the oGCD timings in 'advanced'.

Thanks Minions!
your bard profile sounds sweet! any chance you can share it as well as your current skill speed? thanks!
My personal profiles are pretty bare bones. I run a lot of skills manually and use minion to manage about half the other stuff. Not sure how easy they'd travel.

My current skill speed puts my GCD at 2.39s so I've set most of my oGCD's to cast from 0.2s >= 1.5s. When using Queuing though this isn't 100%.
ya I do same and customize someones elses profile to my needs and have very limited things on when I raid.
It makes me cringe every time I see the bot use 2 long animation oGCD's go off between GCDs. Bard and MCH have soooo many oGCDs that it happens enough to cause a DPS drop, maybe more than other jobs?

Any developer thoughts on this? Maybe have an oGCD priority and a GCD priority separate? A check box to allow for single oGCD queuing between GCD's? I think we can make this great assist tool even better! It's my favorite feature of Minion.
nvm

charlimit
That actually used to be a thing. But then I bitched about it being a loss (in 2.x days) and they added other skill checks instead. I would suggest using previous skill id not.... It works great for me.
How does the Advanced Setting GCD>= and GCD<= variables work? Does it make the combo come out faster based on your skill speed and how should I adjust it with more skill speed to have the best effect?
So, if your GCD is 2.5 seconds and your cast time is 1.5 seconds, and you dont want to use cooldowns at .5 seconds to avoid clipping GCD, you set it so GCD <=2.4 GCD>=.5

make sense?
Gotcha haha thanks for explaining it!
Pages: 1 2