MMOMinion

Full Version: Gathering stopping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found a small issue with the Gathering logic, that causes the bot to stuck endlessly until manually released. I am not completely sure but certain conditions seem to be causing it.

- There needs to be a hidden/rare item in the node
- Probably it needs to be unknown (not sure)
- That item needs to be on the highest available slot before any other persistant item
- The marker does not have any item priority

In my case it was in Eastern Thanalan on minion built in marker Botany 25, top slots can contain Pearl Ginger and Millioncorn Seeds, earliest persistant item is on Slot 3 with Ala Mhigan Mustard.

What happens is the bot tries to uncover the item, and then stucks trying to gather the same slot again and again endlessly (you even see the background changing on the empty slot), although hidden items usually are only once in a node.

Only option is to manually click another slot repeatedly until the node is gone. From there on everything works fine.

Hope this describes it as good as possible to locate the issue.

Ok, just had the issue again, and now it is no longer the top but the bottom slot :(

Made a screen showing that it tries to gather the empty slot:
[Image: s658ww.png]
The gardening items are already handled automatically, if you just select the "Gather Gardening" option in the marker.
If you try to force it by using the slot numbers or item names, you will get stuck, like you see here.

Since the only thing you posted is this, and not the marker setups, etc, this is the best advice I can give you atm.
I can confirm that this happens to the "Gardening" items so turn it off, tho this only happens the first time the item is discovered from it's unknown status, after that it will only gather it once and gather any other set item if leaving Gardening on.

Tho another issue i have found is that the bot does not hit every unknown slot starting from nodes 41+ i believe it is i know for sure that happens on lv.46+ nodes,

for example lv.46 node:
1 [Grade 3 Carbonized Matter]
2 [empty]
3 [empty]
4 [Lighting Shard]
5 [empty]
6 [empty]
7 [empty]
8 [Unknown] [hidden]

instead of uncovering the Unknown item it will gather the Grade 3 in this case regardless how you configure the marker
The bot will only attempt to uncover unknowns if you are lower than level 60, doesn't have anything to do with node level.
I've had this issue as well. It's a bit specific but reproducible...

As the OP says you need to be gathering (mining or botany) in an area where you've not uncovered the hidden item before. So it has to be the first time you are gathering in the area. At a given node when the hidden item appears the bot tries to collect it, if successful it then continues trying to collect the hidden node repeatedly. You receive the message "No item in this slot" or something like that.

You have to manually intervene to setup the bot again. After it has gathered the hidden item once the problem doesn't repeat.
(10-02-2015, 12:37 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]The bot will only attempt to uncover unknowns if you are lower than level 60, doesn't have anything to do with node level.

sorry Ace but it does not have tested it on a char that is not lv.60 and it happily ignores unknown
(10-01-2015, 08:50 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Since the only thing you posted is this, and not the marker setups, etc, this is the best advice I can give you atm.

Sadly you have not seen I was writing that I was using the standard marker Botany 25. The one that comes included in the minion, unmodified, no item priority, no change on the options (eg gardening).

It is a very specific issue, and really low prio. Just wanted to report it in.
Below level 60 does not ignore unknown. It will not make multiple attempts at it, so maybe this is what you are seeing, but it does not ignore it.