MMOMinion

Full Version: how to stop "s" starting bot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how do you stop the bot from starting everytime you press "s"
it has bugged me for a while and i finally remembered to ask it on here

so i would basically be using the bot, stop it for whatever reason, back my player up with the "s" button and it would start the bot up

thanks in advance as always
Is usually because of some manufacturer's software for the keyboard, which causes the control key to work as a toggle instead of a press/hold, so every time the control key is pressed, our DLL considers it in an "on" state, so when you hit S, you are activating the CTRL + S (Start/Stop) bot shortcut.

TL;DR - To fix, uninstall any keyboard software unless you really need it.
ahhhhhhh okay, i think it might be my keyboard settings then? i have it set so that i dont have to put the fn button for well the fn stuff volume etc... ty super much!!
I'm gonna post here since similar subject, but is there a way to change those shortcuts? For example I use CTRL+L for my linkshells and every time I hit it obviously it reloads the Lua Modules. Pretty annoying when trying to carry on a conversation and it studders from the reload. I'm also not using any keyboard software.

Thanks
Not yet. It is hardcoded. The devs already think for some time to get rid of that.
Until that, we gotta wait.

A workaround is to change shortcuts ingame in XIV or just push again 1x CTRL to get rid of it temporally.
Bot has a shortcut feature to change start/stop.... Mine is Ctrl+Shift.
(10-20-2015, 01:54 AM)zeleniy Wrote: [ -> ]Bot has a shortcut feature to change start/stop.... Mine is Ctrl+Shift.

Thank you zeleniy for this. I'll give it a shot when the game comes back online. I like to have the bot up in the event I get bored and just want it to go to town and it's already there, but at the same time it can be a hindrance.
(10-20-2015, 01:54 AM)zeleniy Wrote: [ -> ]Bot has a shortcut feature to change start/stop.... Mine is Ctrl+Shift.
Will doing that disable CTRL+S?

For me is X more the problem, I have the Char. Menu on that button and it closes all my minion windows sometimes pushing ctrl +x Awkward
Happens to me all the time during Dungeons or Trials, really annoying
dont use control for any ingame hotkeys problem=solved! :P
Pages: 1 2