MMOMinion

Full Version: Grind bot & AOE Avoidance - walking out of FATEs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Has anyone experienced an issue where, in an attempt to move out of AOE, the bot will end up walking outside of the FATE area, losing its levelsync, then being unable to attack monsters?

For instance, at level 56 WHM grinding fates in Coerthas Western Highlands, the bot will avoid AOE, leave FATE/level sync range, then try to attack. However, the attack fails, as you are out of the level range to attack that monster.

In my case the bot ends up just standing there and healing itself until the FATE ends or I manually correct. The last line in console is: "D= "[GrindCombat]: Beginning new task.""

Any insight is very much appreciated. :-)
This has happened to me, also.
this only happens if people drag the mobs to far from the start position of the fate. Other wise the bot will go back to the fate area.
(10-15-2015, 02:52 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]this only happens if people drag the mobs to far from the start position of the fate. Other wise the bot will go back to the fate area.

In my case I think it's more of a matter that I'm grinding a WHM - presumably it takes a lot longer to kill monsters which means more AOE cycles to avoid, which means getting pushed further and further away. There haven't been many if any other people at the FATEs I've seen this occur at.
Seem it happen many times. Especially the boss fates whenever I hold the aggro.
We need a constant check, if the play is in FATE range (and synced).

Yup, happens when the bot evades incoming AoE and running out.
Same with Repelling Shot as example.

The bot runs out and just stands there, getting slapped and your Chocobo Companion keeps healing.