MMOMinion

Full Version: Question RE: Interacting with NPCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've a mind to create two Gathering profiles which will complement Sebbs 1-50 Botanist and 1-50 Miner profiles.

It will take the bot to the respective class quest-giving NPCs, pick up the quests, gather the required items, then return to the appropriate NPCs to complete the class quests.

I've figured out how to move the bot to the appropriate locations; how to collect the required HQ items; how to make it level-specific; however, I've no earthly clue how to get the bot to interact with the appropriate NPCs.

Can someone please show me a Lua snippet example that will allow the bot to interact with an NPC?

I'm trying my best to learn, but I'm old and learn best from doing, not reading, so examples work best for me. A vague explanation will likely bounce off my addled brain.

==========

On another note entirely, I have a general question:

What Lua editor are most of you using? I'm using LuaEdit 2012 v.3.0.10. I'm happy enough with it, but is there something better out there that will help me more?

As always, thank you in advance!
I already have these made just need a couple changes made to quest mode to support gatherers.

Notepad++
Excellent, Sebbs!

Just the same, I'd still like to see an example of a Lua snippet that provides for interaction with an NPC, if you don't mind, of course. I'm just trying to learn.
Im at work atm but if you search for video tutorials it shows you how to make a quest profile and u can edit it and see how its setup.
Thank you, Sebbs; sorry to be a pest.
Code:
[2] = {
                    ["id"] = 1014577;
                    ["index"] = 1;
                    ["itemreward"] = false;
                    ["mapid"] = 418;
                    ["meshname"] = "Ishgard - Foundation";
                    ["pos"] = {
                        ["x"] = -155.28245544434;
                        ["y"] = 16.999967575073;
                        ["z"] = -50.936382293701;