MMOMinion

Full Version: Ground AoE too perfect center.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys,
People noticing how perfect center flaming arrow or Shadow flare perfect center everytime.
Where is this position from in lua? Can we change this to random offset the placement each time?

I temporarily fixed with this. Wonder if we can implement to main.
*** math.random() takes only positive
skillmgr line 1815:
Code:
    local rval1 = math.random(0,4) -3
    local rval2 = math.random(0,4) -4
    if (action:Cast(tpos.x + rval1, tpos.y + rval2, tpos.z)) then
..... you are honestly saying that people have enough time during a raid to comment that about your specific ground placement of your ground targeted aoe? or are you just thinking people will notice? if either are the case wont they notice how you are always the exact same slightly off center the exact same way ever time? lol
I had people notice from PF why my flaming arrow always perfectly center.
You must not understand how random work. At-least there are more variation than 3 points reference.
(10-17-2015, 08:44 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]..... you are honestly saying that people have enough time during a raid to comment that about your specific ground placement of your ground targeted aoe? or are you just thinking people will notice? if either are the case wont they notice how you are always the exact same slightly off center the exact same way ever time? lol

I notice these things from other players myself makes me giggle, a variation would make it less Obvious i would agree
I would rather provide it as an option on the skill, just because not everybody will want this, but it should be easy enough.
i guess them players should focus on what they are doing more then your placement of your aoe. Chalk it up to im f'n that good.
I added this as in the form us selecting "Near" under the Ground Target (I think) selection box (default is usually "Direct").
I can't really get around to stress testing it at the moment, so let me know if there's some issue.
(10-19-2015, 04:33 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I added this as in the form us selecting "Near" under the Ground Target (I think) selection box (default is usually "Direct").
I can't really get around to stress testing it at the moment, so let me know if there's some issue.

Code:
failed with [string "...//ffxiv_skillmgr.lua"]:1814: attempt to index global 'epox' (a nil value)
Helps to use the right table var, corrected and sent back up.
(10-18-2015, 11:03 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]i guess them players should focus on what they are doing more then your placement of your aoe. Chalk it up to im f'n that good.

They should but they don't. This option will be a good addition.
Pages: 1 2