MMOMinion

Full Version: Minion update separating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to separate "SkillManagerProfiles" folder from other updates?

Constant upgrades are good. But each time clean the folder from the default profiles, or copy&paste, makes me irritable sometimes Embarrassing
oh you dont want it to keep installing the default profiles? It shouldnt keep updating those if you do not touch them, If you use other profiles or rename them it shouldnt keep popping up with that update. But the default profiles need to be including in the default required files so that someone new can pretty much press start and hte bot do something.
(10-20-2015, 09:10 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]oh you dont want it to keep installing the default profiles? It shouldnt keep updating those if you do not touch them, If you use other profiles or rename them it shouldnt keep popping up with that update. But the default profiles need to be including in the default required files so that someone new can pretty much press start and hte bot do something.

I understand that in the standard package, they have to be, but is it a problem to bring them to a separate check? Most of the users, install all updates, without exception. By default all boxes checked, and for those who do not use these profiles, will be optional.
but that would require some background changes in the minionapp along with the structure of how they check and determine default apps. for what is a very minior nuisance. you could always name yoru custom profiles in a way that they are in an order above any of the default profiles. currently there is a long line of more benifical changes and updates that i would assume would be much higher priority then this.

Flying
Crafting OverHaul
Grinding Overhaul
selling
These are just 4 of the bigger things i can see being more important then this that should be done first.
(10-20-2015, 09:44 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]but that would require some background changes in the minionapp along with the structure of how they check and determine default apps. for what is a very minior nuisance. you could always name yoru custom profiles in a way that they are in an order above any of the default profiles. currently there is a long line of more benifical changes and updates that i would assume would be much higher priority then this.

Flying
Crafting OverHaul
Grinding Overhaul
selling
These are just 4 of the bigger things i can see being more important then this that should be done first.

I do not propose now to drop everything and start the implementation of my proposal. Of course there are other global problems, and cosmetic changes are the least weight. I only ask to bring it to the "TODO-list and implement in the future ThumbsUp

It is a question of perfectionism and not the first importance.
This topic is one I'll be looking at in the future, once some of the major upgrades are in-place.
I built a function to automatically update it, but I would like to comb through the default profiles and fix them up a bit as well, since the defaults have aged out in some respects, and don't always "age" well through all levels.
(10-20-2015, 11:41 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]This topic is one I'll be looking at in the future, once some of the major upgrades are in-place.
I built a function to automatically update it, but I would like to comb through the default profiles and fix them up a bit as well, since the defaults have aged out in some respects, and don't always "age" well through all levels.

That's all I wanted to hear. Thank you for your work.