MMOMinion

Full Version: Duty condition help plus telecast.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question, I've been working on making a profilevand I've got a pretty flawless one right through to to the last boss where I'm having everyone split up in different pos I'll throw my code down below....
But my basic problem is that the thank plus whatever melee I have if I have any more, teleports between the start pos and the condition pos which makes the boss move around a lot plus it kinda bugs out and stands there most the time.
If I could get them to stay on each of their condition pos I think it would be a pretty solid clear. Seems that last boss is a bit of a bitch with it resetting once you get out of ground aoe range :c
Also does anyone have a more current guide for the duty code? I know the one that is up is a little old and I have some catching up to do since It's been awhile since worked on these.

[22] = {
["doKill"] = true;
["prioritize"] = true;
["bossIDs"] = "3435;3434";
["taskFunction"] = "ffxiv_duty_kill_task.Create";
["telecastAlways"] = true;
["waitTime"] = 1000;
["failTime"] = 3000;
["startPos"] = {
["General"] = {
["y"] = 46.60;
["x"] = 17.377140045166;
["h"] = -0.779700756073;
["z"] = -367.37420654297;
};
};
["condition"] = {
[1] = {
["Player.role == 1"] = true;
["ScanForMobs('3434',100)"] = true;
};
[2] = {
["Player.role == 2"] = true;
};
[3] = {
["Player.role == 3"] = true;
};
[4] = {
["Player.role == 4"] = true;
};
};
["reaction"] = {
[1] = {
["type"] = "killFromPosition";
["id"]= "3435;3434";
["fightPos"] = {
["x"] = 8.799129486084;
["y"] = 46.59700012207;
["z"] = -341.23056030273;
};
["range"] = 5;
["prioritize"] = true;
};
[2] = {
["id"]= "3435;3434";
["fightPos"] = {
["x"] = -4.5166006088257;
["y"] = 50.60;
["z"] = -354.5100402832;
};
["range"] = 5;
["prioritize"] = true;
};
[3] = {
["id"]= "3435;3434";
["fightPos"] = {
["x"] = 5.4808988571167;
["y"] = 50.60;
["z"] = -354.73358154297;
};
["range"] = 5;
["prioritize"] = true;
};
[4] = {
["id"]= "3435;3434";
["fightPos"] = {
["x"] = -4.6302971839905;
["y"] = 50.60;
["z"] = -345.05047607422;
};
["range"] = 5;
["prioritize"] = true;
};
};
["radius"] = 24;
};
the issue is when it telecasts it has aetherial interference and resets to the start position.

This cant really be fixed with the lua side of it the devs would need to get involved and see what can be done as its a few issues with syncing in the new duties.

try and set role 1 in a mell tank position and role 2 in a melee dps position and remove ["telecastAlways"] = true;

this way it wont telecast at all and will melee as a normal player would.

you may need to add avoid positions for them if it has dangerous aoe attacks tho.
(10-25-2015, 09:28 AM)sebbs Wrote: [ -> ]the issue is when it telecasts it has aetherial interference and resets to the start position.

This cant really be fixed with the lua side of it the devs would need to get involved and see what can be done as its a few issues with syncing in the new duties.

try and set role 1 in a mell tank position and role 2 in a melee dps position and remove ["telecastAlways"] = true;

you may need to add avoid positions for them if it has dangerous aoe attacks tho.

I'll have a play with it more in the morning, but yeah its just the fact that it seems to tele between the condition pos and the start pos between each skill.
It's not getting any atherical interference messages from being in a bad position if thats what you mean?
Also how exactly does the role thing work? Is it based on class type or? I've only recently seen this used from reading over other new profiles. Is there a guide or lua file (Briefly look around but couldn't see anything) I can read over that's not encrypted to find out more about the newer functions?
role 1 = tanks
role 2 = melee dps
role 3 = range dps
role 4 = healers

it won get the message like casters do it just wont use any skill and teleport away.
(10-25-2015, 12:11 PM)JWD1994 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2015, 09:28 AM)sebbs Wrote: [ -> ]the issue is when it telecasts it has aetherial interference and resets to the start position.

I'll have a play with it more in the morning, but yeah its just the fact that it seems to tele between the condition pos and the start pos between each skill.
It's not getting any atherical interference messages from being in a bad position if thats what you mean?
Also how exactly does the role thing work? Is it based on class type or? I've only recently seen this used from reading over other new profiles. Is there a guide or lua file (Briefly look around but couldn't see anything) I can read over that's not encrypted to find out more about the newer functions?

yeah lower them down so that they dont have the interference you will need a tank and healer.
(10-25-2015, 01:12 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2015, 12:11 PM)JWD1994 Wrote: [ -> ]

yeah lower them down so that they dont have the interference you will need a tank and healer.

They're on the ground. Its weird. The're just teleporting between the stat pos in the general section and the kill pos in the condition/reaction. I don't see how it could be interference when they're on the ground level. They do teleport to the target and hit it, but between each skill it like it goes back to the stat pos and does the scan for mobs part every second then teleports back to that position so its teleporting between the start pos, kill pos and the mob its told to kill.
Gonna try messing with it again and reloading my accounts maybe they're bugging out a bit.
Is there any way of setting it to split each party member up not just by role so them stacking doesn't get both ranged dps killed from stacking?
["GetPartyOrder() "] = 1;

GetPartyOrder gives all members a unique identifier based on ID, so it can be tricky to know exactly which will get which, but it can be used to split all members. It will be a number ranging from 1 - <max party size>
(10-26-2015, 01:50 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]["GetPartyOrder() "] = 1;

GetPartyOrder gives all members a unique identifier based on ID, so it can be tricky to know exactly which will get which, but it can be used to split all members. It will be a number ranging from 1 - <max party size>

Thanks ace, I'll give that a go soon.
Is there somewhere I can find a basic list of all these new functions?
That's really the only special one that's not for internal use. Everything else is placed in the ffxiv_helpers.lua.