MMOMinion

Full Version: C Stack Overflow [FFXIV]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I have seen this interesting error occurring in GW2 too. So I am posting this for XIV.
Ace tried to help and tweaked here and there, but it is still happening. It is very annoying and I would love to get rid of it.

Looking forward to solve this case.

[Image: LgFqkrY.png]

* What OS are you running?
W7.
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus)
None.
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path)
DESKTOP (i keed obv).
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed?
None.
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviewer installed?
some installed, none of them running.
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE
Yes.
* Are you running the bot as admin?
No. I will double check this point.
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?
Minion Launch.
*Are you running any Bot addons?
Ace's repo from time to time.

[Image: wG3r6j0.png]

I did some long time testings and this are the result points:

* We assume something is happening and the bot /client can not handle everything at the same time.
* It's happening in Gather, Quest and Grind mode. So not really related to a mode?
* when the overflow happens, the bot just stops where it is, next to a node right before gathering, mid FATE getting slapped to death or mid Questing on the way to the next quest
* It is happening when I run 4, 8 and 10 bots. But I get the feeling the more bots run (the same mode?), the more gets the C stack overflow
* when I gathered on 4 bots, then 1 gets overflow, when on all 10 bots, then 3 get the overflow (period over ~8h).
* the only way to recover from the overflow is to reload the lua modules
* it re-occurs always on the same bots! It can happen 5min after the reload or after 5h.
* when I completely close everything and restart Minion fresh other bots can get the overflow.
* it happened on my old PC and it keeps happening on my new PC

Superman
Defender is deactivated. Essentials installed.

[Image: oNqrEpP.png]

C:\Users\XYZ\Downloads\MINIONAPP\ is windows related?
I will install it to C:\ and see if it stops.

Thanks fx!
Hi fxfire, i also had this problem multiple time already. it happens when its trying to move a map using the ferry transfer in western la noscea.

I use multiple clients if that helps.

Edit: even if it is a single client, it happens on the same position.

[Image: Ot3dqOQ.png]
any answers on this one?