MMOMinion

Full Version: Gathering scripts are bugged. Not enough feedback checks. .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I have waited a long time, to make sure its not on my end. So, I'm not understanding something, or is something else going on?

1. Various bots that I'm running on different servers, running the same script, randomly decide to mine or to not mine an unspoiled its been specifically told to mine. It either doesn't teleport at all, or it will afk some units away from the node. The max <= n set is not close what so ever.

2. In a specific zone, the bot will AFK at the coordinates that it has been told to go to. But, it only AFKs AFTER it has run one cycle of the area, or it cannot see the nodes on the minimap (because the nodes are somewhat spread far). So, this means the script works. The problem is that because the meshes are somewhat RNG, its never exactly the same. So the bot needs to move to a general area on the mini map until the node will respawn and become visible, when its mining a node furthest away from another. From memory, I don't remember nodes working like this. It seems the way they spawn is different.

tl;dr the nodes work like the patched dungeons where you need to hit a certain x,y,z spread of coordinates to get the adds to spawn.

2b. Setting a higher radius does nothing because I have to actually move to an x,y,z coordinate where the node respawns on the mini map.

2c. I have been trying to find new coordinates that work, but its a real pain in the ass. It might be good for a few runs, and then it finally hits that cycle where it AFKs because it hasnt hit the x,y,z for node repsawning.

3. As soon as I click reload modules, it runs perfectly again for one cycle, with the exception of the unspoiled.

So, what's going on? Is there not enough loop checks with minion? is SE hot breaking scripts?

Edit:

4. I get a ridiculous amount of crashing all day. Not just 90001 and 90002 from SEs garbage servers and garbage ISP routing. I get random exe crashes. I'm suspecting that overtime from minion patches, that minion meshes are becoming corrupted. Because usually when these crashes happen the bot is legit teleporting or entering another zone. Manually as if I'm a player, and when the bot is doing it.

I woke up the other day and all my bots running this one script that has been running flawlessly for weeks are ALL stuck at this spot. I used to bot RS, and when something like this happened it was a Jagex hot update or GMs combating bots.
So.. you're talking about the way HW nodes spawn not near each other? This is a lot of text for not really any specific maps/nodes/situations.
Two separate issues.

1. Is inclusive to unspoiled nodes, excluding non unspoiled.

2. Is excluding unspoiled nodes, being inclusive to non unspoiled.

tl:dr my scripts run one loop in the zone. then it AFKs because there is no loop checking if its actually doing what its told to. As soon as I manually reload lua modules, the script runs again. It reminds me of the bug I had last year.

I have other long standing confirmed bugs, but they are non essential. It only happens with a specific type of NPC.

Say I'm mining strawberries in Zone ABC.

Strawberries have 4 nodes, spread so far that if you are at the north most node, the two south most nodes are far off the minimap.

When it goes to mine that north node, or whatever puts the other spawned nodes out of the minimap view it will AFK. When I reload the bot, it 'magically' knows where the nodes are again and works fine for one cycle.
For issue #1, how far does it actually get? Does it pick up the task at all (you can tell by the UI, it says which task it has picked)? Does it pick up the task and do nothing? Does it go all the way too the node but doesn't interact? Does it go to the position you have set but since it's a HW node it is too far off?

For issue #2, it sounds like a setup issue with trying to gather HW nodes. The proper way to set this up is to use the ["timeout"] tag so that it rotates through the nodes once no more are found at the particular location, and you need 2 or 3 separate tasks to properly accomplish this at the moment.