MMOMinion

Full Version: fishing collectables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I noticed there's been an update to fishing that gives a large list of collectable fish, which is great. However, I can't manually keep collectors glove up anymore, it instantly takes it off again.... didi this move to profile? If yes, syntax pls?

Edit: Ok, right after posting this, I thought maybe the update also gave a new example.lua, which it did, and there's the command ;) Thx again for the needed update, always had to disable some fish with only two collectables ;)

Another Edit ;) Although the values for collectables are filled, and the collectors glove is activated, it doesn't click "yes" or "no" in the collect popup window, maybe a bug?
Check the fish debug, turn to level 3, and check if the console output produces anything useful as to why it is not accepted.

Edit: nvm, found it, update pushed.
My collectors glove wont stay on. I am just using the bot with no modifications. No profile is chosen and i didnt change any of the collectibles on the list
Same issue here. updated this morning and now it turn glove off when starting the Fish profile.
Did you guys not read the OP? It was added as a directive to the profiles, so it's not controlled by you manually anymore. Read the updated Example.lua for details.
[Image: 677709edbc.png]
I actually got confused at first as well ,with the changes. I ended up rewriting the task , removed fish from displaying, forced always on and added in the reducible ones that it is missing. Seems a bit overly complicated now? No need to ever even see the fish on the GUI that I can think of, also you never really have to adjust min values fishing, for me Collectors Glove has no reason not to be active that I can think of?

I do see an input for one value relevant and that would be the min value for all reducible fish, yet they seem to still not be present the task. I tried to add it quickly like you coded the changes but it wouldn't pick it up right away , so I just used a different method.

Curious with changing the Loop values and such , why can't I just add the extra fish like this?

Code:
ffxiv_task_fish.collectibles = {

{ name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12713,47), id = "Icepick", minimum = 106 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12724,47), id = "Glacier Core", minimum = 310 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12721,47), id = "Whilom Catfish", minimum = 459 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12726,47), id = "Sorcerer Fish", minimum = 646 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12739,47), id = "Bubble Eye", minimum = 162 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12742,47), id = "Dravanian Squeaker", minimum = 158 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12767,47), id = "Warmwater Bichir", minimum = 683 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12768,47), id = "Noontide Oscar", minimum = 258 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12792,47), id = "Weston Bowfin", minimum = 376 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12804,47), id = "Illuminati Perch", minimum = 826 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12774,47), id = "Tiny Axolotl", minimum = 320 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12828,47), id = "Thunderbolt Eel", minimum = 813 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12837,47), id = "Capelin", minimum = 89 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12830,47), id = "Loosetongue", minimum = 2441 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12825,47), id = "Stupendemys", minimum = 1526 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12831,47), id = "Thaliak Cayman", minimum = 1 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12833,47), id = "Tupuxuara", minimum = 1 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12821,47), id = "Pteranodon", minimum = 1 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12802,47), id = "Caiman", minimum = 1 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12784,47), id = "Manasail", minimum = 1 },
    { name = AceLib.API.Items.GetNameByID(12761,47), id = "Dravanian Bass", minimum = 1 },
}
So, it was not enough collectibles, and now you think it's too many? Maybe you should decide what you want and let me know.
Hello, I've read all of the posts in here but cannot figure this out. I do not have a Use Collect option in the lua?? What do I need to do so that it does not automatically remove the Collect ability as soon as I apply it?
No that was not it Ace at all, the task works great, I guess I just looked at the solution it a different manner.

I have just spent the last few weeks learning lua scripting, so that I could just make the task do as I wished and I really should have just posted this in the LUA question section, or suggestions. I was just trying to say you could hide it all and it would work just as well, once the bot knows the Fish ID and Min value, the user never needs to set or adjust it again , basically referencing the expanded GUI. And I personally never seen a need to not have collectors buff up.

The # of collectibles I referenced then and now are exactly the same. They have not changed since red script fishing was introduced. I have just coded it all to take care of all of these things I mentioned, and it all it just works, I fish, if it can be collected , it is. No user interaction, no values to see on the interface, fish manual, on a profile, marker, where ever.

For the reducible fish there are 6 of them, yet they give different things from 1 --> Max collectibility values. Think 8 Ranks, you catch them just like Red Scrip fish. These are the only ones I could see ever needing adjusting. Say if the user was going after only the rarer items that came from rank 4 and above, you may figure out that value and want to target only higher rank fish due to inventory space. I just edit the code and away the bot goes, but that is just me.

In regards to my question on how you coded the new update .I tossed the proper "fishID" and format into ffxiv_task_fish.lua as I posted, changed all the for i, 15 do loops to for i,21 do in yet I could not get it to show up in the GUI properly. I followed the code briefly and it seemed to me it should work. I was more questioning if it is due to the ACE library calls, and tables I can't see. or it that was a valid set of values and I had missed something else. It had to do more with understanding the coding change, then wanting the main bot changed.

I was playing with your modifications and just trying to understand why I couldn't call up and add those fish in what appeared to me to be the same method.

In closing I don't need anything, I have it doing exactly as I described and working like a charm, I just took a difference approach then your recent changes. Your work is great, and I am having a blast following and figuring out how it all works behind the scene.

Some of my first questions on inheritance and super classes were answered researching these forums, with you asking the exact same things in 2013.
Pages: 1 2