MMOMinion

Full Version: Gathering unspoiled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm new to using the bot and have been able to familiarize myself fairly well with the functionality. However, I've noticed the interface of my gathering bot is different from the various tutorials for gathering. The Location window does not appear and other options do not appear such as selecting the setup for your mining or botanist class. Am I missing something here or is there some new documentation for gathering unspoiled?

Please note that standard gathering for mining and botany works without (much) issue.
I don't think there is 1-click gathering option. However there are profiles that people have shared in the Gathering subsection of these forums. Here is a link.

If you have installed the bot correctly then you should drop profile (lua file) into C:\Minion\Bots\FFXIVMinion\LuaMods\ffxivminion\GatherProfiles

Then it should be working.

PS1: Tutorial videos are outdated. Bot gets updated very frequently so functionality/GUI is always changing. This bot has a learning curve but it is well worth it.

PS2: Once you get LUA files I suggest you use editing program such as Notepad ++ to edit those profiles in case you need to change locations or add new things you want to harvest.
Ya, you wont find the unspoiled node configuration in the interface anymore, you have to create a profile using code.

I know why they made that change, but trading user friendliness for better functionality alienates less advanced/computer savvy users. They should have left both options because how it was before was more user friendly.
just download a profile load the profile hit start. Dont know how much more user friendly it needs to be.... I never did unspoiled nodes before couldnt be bothered with setting up all those markers and timers and such. I much perfer a simple profile to download.
Thank you for the help. I will go ahead and try out these profiles. Maybe outdated documentation should be edited to avoid communication? Even a disclaimer would help.
(12-23-2015, 03:26 PM)cjswanson1355 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the help. I will go ahead and try out these profiles. Maybe outdated documentation should be edited to avoid communication? Even a disclaimer would help.

what are you going on about? profiles for gathering have been going on for a couple months now, there are tons of threads about it...
i believe he's referring the forums tutorial section. In this case lets use the unspoiled gathering one as an example: http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial...iled-Nodes

If a new user decides to read that tutorial , not knowing gathering profile creation has been changed, they will be incredibly confused.
Thats why at the top of the forums it says [Image: Tp96Xue.png]

http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=ff...iled_nodes
When someone see's that message they are going to assume it only refers to bot installation and continue onto the tutorial section of the forums to answer their questions about specifics of the bots functionality. This threads creation is proof of that. The tutorial section needs to be cleaned up, otherwise these type of threads will continue to pop up.
(12-25-2015, 04:44 AM)hamsterz Wrote: [ -> ]When someone see's that message they are going to assume it only refers to bot installation and continue onto the tutorial section of the forums to answer their questions about specifics of the bots functionality. This threads creation is proof of that. The tutorial section needs to be cleaned up, otherwise these type of threads will continue to pop up.

[Image: DDYudn1.png] how about this then? i mean how many places do we have to plaster "USE THE WIKI"
Pages: 1 2