MMOMinion

Full Version: Small stutter when dodging aoe skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whenever there's an aoe attack, my character dodges it but then there's this small stuttering he does which kind of make him look like a bot. Is there a way to fix this?
I was about to make a post about this. Nothing has changed on my end but over the past few weeks I have experiencing this problem especially with melee classes. It seems like it is having a hard time turning back to the target after dodging an AOE.

Using Grind Mode.
Tried to toggle on/off in game option for the bot to face target when using skills. Restored game settings to default. Nothing seems to be helping.

Edit: The stuttering occurs when on AVOID task. It attempts to rotate back to the target but the turning move is done in stuttering increments as if Pulse rate is off. I increased pulse rate and it seems to be less "twitchy" but still nothing like it used to be with the smooth turns back to the target.
I tried a clean install and compatibility mode. Reset my game and character settings too. None of those things worked. The whole AOE avoid system for me seems to be working really badly. When in melee bot spazes out and start to twitch or spin for about 1-2 seconds when it tries to return to target after AOE.

It does the same thing in Assist mode when AOE avoidance is enabled. However, the good news is that the problem fixes itself when I use "Use Autoface" option for the Assist mode. If this feature could be implemented to be a toggle feature in Grind and Quest modes then it would fix my problem by over-riding broken AOE avoidance code.

Hope to get some input from the devs.
I read on another thread that only you see it and everybody else just sees you as normal. I don't have two keys or another account but maybe someone else can test/confirm it.
(01-04-2016, 11:13 AM)francoshade17 Wrote: [ -> ]I read on another thread that only you see it and everybody else just sees you as normal. I don't have two keys or another account but maybe someone else can test/confirm it.

Hopefully it works for the moving twitching which I get too. But for AOE dodging twitching is a lot slower. Someone eventually might question why the player is turning 4 different directions before turning back to the mob. In comparison to before, it also reduces effectiveness of AOE dodging when there are multiple AOEs and reduces DPS output due to inability to quickly find the target.
Turn off Avoid AOE. This is the best fix at the moment.
(01-04-2016, 05:26 PM)mirai087 Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off Avoid AOE. This is the best fix at the moment.

Not really a solution considering that doing fates half of the time means that the bot will get wrecked. Guess I will stick to my ranged classes until this gets fixed.
Apart from Boss fates, you should be fine. Set Boss fates to at least 1% so you know someone else is doing it
Perhaps more information would help. I performed a log level 3 of how it avoids AOE. Here are results:

[Image: i6xq2r.jpg]

Interpretation: it twitched what appeared to be equivalent to the number of times "Avoid -> Update()returning" had been logged. It could be that twitching occurs when the bot tries returning before AOE is finished then attempts to avoid the same AOE right away, resulting in erratic behavior. At higher pulse rate (150 instead of 1000 used in log) this causes the rapid twitching of the bot all over the place.
Im pretty sure this stuttering problem doesn't just happen when avoiding AOE. It also happens when the char is attacking a moving target (whether you have the auto-face settings on/off in-game and within the bot). Honestly, with this problem, you just hope that no one is observing / reporting you.
Pages: 1 2 3