MMOMinion

Full Version: Pathing, perhaps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that when I have a waypoint set up in the Hinterlands, the bot will run out the gate instead of using the aetheryte to teleport out. It's pretty unnatural looking.

It seems the most effective under the radar approach is to warp into Idyllshire, not mount the chocobo (since auto dismount on interacting with aetheryte, it is silly to mount chocobo for 5 yalms worth of running), run up to aetheryte, and use the Prologue Gate - which is the least trafficked of the two.

Is this a configuration thing that I can handle on my own client?
What do you mean when you say "waypoint"? And the bot runs out of the gate to get to where? And why is it unnatural? And it will warp depending on how close you are. And how would it auto dismount to interact with an aetheryte if it is not near the aetheryte? What is the prologue gate?
(01-13-2016, 02:17 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean when you say "waypoint"? And the bot runs out of the gate to get to where? And why is it unnatural? And it will warp depending on how close you are. And how would it auto dismount to interact with an aetheryte if it is not near the aetheryte? What is the prologue gate?

My apologies.

I mean a marker. I have a marker in the Hinterlands. When the bot is enabled, it'll teleport to Idyllshire and then mount up and run out of the zone to the Hinterlands.

The issue with this is that you can use the Aetheryte to leave the city limits via either the Epilogue Gate (the most trafficked) or the Prologue Gate (Least trafficked)

So - As it stands - My character will teleport into Idyllshire, mount up, and run through the most populated zone in the game - rather than walk 3 yalms, select the aetheryte, and be out of the zone. It would be quicker and less conspicuous to use the Aetheryte rather than run.

I hope I was clear in my explanation. Let me know if you need any more info. Let me know what you think
You mean like crystal and gateway portals in major towns?

If i understand correctly... and i didnt even know you could do it.... the bot cant read text so cant know what options are available.

Ill check out what you mean when im home but even manually i run to the zone line....
(01-13-2016, 07:45 AM)sebbs Wrote: [ -> ]You mean like crystal and gateway portals in major towns?

If i understand correctly... and i didnt even know you could do it.... the bot cant read text so cant know what options are available.

Ill check out what you mean when im home but even manually i run to the zone line....

Haha! Yeah - Exactly like that. Once you unlock all the Aetherytes in Idyllshire, you can port out of the city gates.

[Image: CUQmep5.png]
well then while your logic is sound ... right now it cant do it.
Like he says, bot can't use aethernet right now without a lot of guesswork.
(01-13-2016, 02:33 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Like he says, bot can't use aethernet right now without a lot of guesswork.

Okay! That's totally fine. I just thought it would be nice.

Thanks guys