MMOMinion

Full Version: Some consideration for developers ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear MMO Minion developers,

I have to write you this, as today's update just totally screwed up my custom meshes and custom tasks. Basically this update ruined my last month of work to clean up you lousy meshing in half of the regions (Brisban Wildlands, Cursed Shore, to name a few), as well as the 11 custom tasks I made for areas not covered by your default package and several more.

It takes a freaky lot of time create working custom tasks and to mesh with your mesh manager. Anyone who tried it turns quickly to have a feelingless finger trying desperately to remove shitty triangles around obstacles (usually without real success or magically removing the adjacent one....). And I'm not even talking about meshing the most flattest area : water!

So I'm really .. Really ... REALLY asking you, developers, not to stupidly override a file that has change outside of your package. The WoW bot HonorBuddy does this brilliantly. They understood the power of source control... I'm sure you're familiar with it, isn't it? SVN? Git? .. Does it ring a bell? So why not use it for what is anyway public domain?? (would ease contribution as well....)

Thanks for your consideration!

A truly pissed MMO Minion user!
Foux
if you change default profiles, files, or meshes you need to either save them as a new name, back them up or Not update those files in the launcher, the launcher shows you exactly what is to be updated un check the ones you wish not to apply. why would you not back up all your changes if it really was that hard. sounds to me like you messed up and what to blame others.

if you have mesh errors there is a thread where to post these errors so that they can be fixed. instead of hoarding these changes why not report the errors so that Latty can fix them?