MMOMinion

Full Version: Resent UI Update made my client to crash frequently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* What OS are you running?
Windows 7 Ultimate

* What AV is installed?(Antivirus)
Microsoft Security Essentials

* Where is the bot installed?(installed path)

Default C:\MINIONAPP

* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed?
No

* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed?
Almost all of these. But none are activate when i run Minionapp. Except for Nvidia Gamers Experience. I do have that one up.

* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE
Yes

* Are you running the bot as admin?
Yes

* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?
Attach Button

*Are you running any Bot addons?

No
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm one of those who has to use compatible mode. After seeing the update forum on UI update and nice comment on those using compadible mode can now use Deafult mode. I got really excited and went ahead and did all the updates and switch my settins to default mode. I tried it out but its doing the thing it was doing when i tried to use dedault mode. Makes client freeze then client shutsdown or automatic shutdown once it tries to attach bot in game.

I went and switch back to compatible mode. When attaching bot it now makes my ffxiv client freeze for 10 seconds then minionbot attaches. My client gets alot of in game client freezes. ALOT! And i have to manually shutdown client because ffxiv client goes unresponsive. This happens frequently after UI update.

And another thing. This not really have to do with recent update but. When minionapp has a big update like one earlier today. Does it make minionapp client to shutdown? Cos i experience one today in the afternoon and when i booted minion back up it must have shut minionapp cos of ui/map navigations, etc updates. This happens some times when ever theirs an update like this.

Anyone using compatible mode, having same issues like me, figure out the cause my troubleshooting and willing to tell me tips on how to fix?

Thanks
you should no longer be needing to use compatable mode. My amd machine no longer needs to use compatable mode, i would also close NGE when running the bot that is in the list of programs to shut down while using the bot. also have you tried setting up the bot to launch the game for you automatically instead of using the attach buttong, this could help narrow it down if there is something wrong with that way of attaching the bot. Updates do not make the minionapp shut down.

I would suggest making sure windows is up dated all drivers updated, reset the computer , close all the programs that are listed, then try having minionapp launch the client for you and attach in default settings.

if this doesnt work i can team viwer in and see what you have wrong.
Mine seems to not respond on attach running Default since update but it usually comes good pretty quick as long as I let it sort it's self out for few seconds and runs fine. I haven't has any in game freezes. What CPU are you running?
MinionApp will shutdown when it had to update itself so it can copy the new file over but I think it restarts its self not 100% sure tho.
Oh, I have tried long ago to have minionapp auto attach bot but i was experiencing issue game crashes or long loads of attempting to attach bot then game crashed afterwards. So, i have being manually attach button ever since i being a minion user.

I'll give this all a go again. I'll close gefore experience, try to set the bot to launch the game automatically for me, set default mode, and restart my pc.

@JWD
nothing fancy. it says
AMD FX ™-8150 Eight Core 3.60 ghz
(01-20-2016, 03:43 PM)jony_stunner Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I have tried long ago to have minionapp auto attach bot but i was experiencing issue game crashes or long loads of attempting to attach bot then game crashed afterwards. So, i have being manually attach button ever since i being a minion user.

I'll give this all a go again. I'll close gefore experience, try to set the bot to launch the game automatically for me, set default mode, and restart my pc.

@JWD
nothing fancy. it says
AMD FX ™-8150 Eight Core 3.60 ghz

yeah these should not be issues at all, for that type of attaching, i would assume you have something wrong, or something on your system is causing issues with minionapp. if this doesnt work for you let me know and i can teamviewer in and check around and see.
Ok Chard, Thanks.

i wasnt able to set up the auto login. It kept saying wrong password or something. but i think thats because i like to use my ffxiv keychain security password. So i went ahead and deleted auto login and set back to manual attach button.

I close geforce and set settings to default mode, instead of compability mde. Bot did freeze for 7secs or so but it attached to game. So it works! \o/

Now to see if i still get those random in game freezes like old times.

Thanks again.
yeah the bot doesnt support 1 time password, but thats not really needed for account security, its a "security blanket" like a child has. Prety much just be safe with your account details and you are fine. But anyways. Freezing when attaching is still very weird, are you attaching the bot when you are fully logged into the game?
Lol.. but i like my kiddo blanquet.

Yeah. I wait till my character is able to move in game then attach button. I also notice since recent UI update if i attach bot while not inside fully ffxiv window client tab, after bot attaches i some times cant tab out of ffxiv window and i have to log out cos i cant click any other tabs except ffxiv.

Maybe my computer. But so far. Since i tried this last thing you have sugegsted. I havent had any in game freezes or automatic minionapp shutdowns :)
wonderful, yeah you sould always wait till fully logged into game before attaching