MMOMinion

Full Version: Pteranodon/Pipira Profile Weather Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, been here for around a month and been pretty successful making profiles, a couple missed ";" and an end bracket. However, I cannot get the weather function to work at all, even putting it inside of the scrip causes the whole thing to fail.

Quote:local obj1 = {
["setup"] = {
["gearsetfishing"] = 6;
["gearsetmining"] = 5;
["gearsetbotany"] = 2;
};
["tasks"] = {
[10] = {
["type"] = "fishing";
["minlevel"] = 60;
["maxlevel"] = 60;
["mapid"] = 400;
["pos"] = {
["x"] = -268.03723144531;
["y"] = -30.242938995361;
["z"] = 849.35192871094;
["h"] = 0.20406198501587;
};
["whitelist"] = "Pteranodon";
["whitelisthq"] = "Pteranodon";
["eorzeaminhour"] = 8;
["eorzeamaxhour"] = 17;
["resetdaily"] = true;
["usestealth"] = true;
["usemooch"] = true;
["usepatience"] = true;
["usepatience2"] = false;
["usechum"] = false;
["usecollect"] = true;
["baitname"] = "Giant Crane Fly";
};
[20] = {
["type"] = "fishing";
["minlevel"] = 60;
["maxlevel"] = 60;
["mapid"] = 398;
["weathernow"] = "Fog,Dust Storms,Clouds";
["pos"] = {
["x"] = 505.68423461914;
["y"] = -51.503673553467;
["z"] = 12.302200317383;
["h"] = -3.1061675548553;
};
["whitelist"] = "Pipira Pira";
["whitelisthq"] = "Pipira Pira";
["eorzeaminhour"] = 18;
["eorzeamaxhour"] = 7;
["usestealth"] = false;
["usemooch"] = false;
["usepatience"] = true;
["usepatience2"] = false;
["usechum"] = false;
["baitname"] = "Goblin Jig";
};
};
}
return obj1

I've tried testing with the weather and putting it in other tasks and still effectively disables everything. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help.
I have problems too but it's because minion very commonly reports incorrect weather so my weather conditions aren't met when they should be and are met when they aren't supposed to be. Though this may not be your issue it is worth looking into.

[Image: sxiqfn.png]
is the weather being worked on anyone know? this kinda wrecks fishing profiles :/
works fine...... im using it now for brewers becon quest

["eorzeaminhour"] = 7;
["eorzeamaxhour"] = 15;
["weathernow"] = "Clear Skies,Fair Skies";
i dont know if clear skies/fair skies is a good test, Fog,Dust Storms,Clouds i can assure u isnt working for pipira pira, but if i put in clear skies,fair skies as well (even though its a dust storm.. and then it was cloudy..) it works A-OK

edit - maybe its just that zone, 398.. other zones seem to be ok, at least the one i checked. it shows clear skies all the time
well right now its Aces work and a very complex set of calulations so its not going to be 100% all the time unless it gets reversed properly.

the fact that any of it works is all thanks to Ace.
Saying that i dont know if or when it would be properly done..

If 99% of it works its a low priority thing when there are other requests and improvements on the list.
In my case it certainly isn't 99% lol. However Ace stated in a different thread a while back (3 months or so) that he cleaned up weather as best as he could and that there were no possible improvements to be made at that point so doubt it will work 100% ever. With that said you can check if weather is your issue by opening up the console(ctrl+c) and inputting:

Code:
d(AceLib.API.Weather.Get(Player.localmapid).now)
- can swap Player.localmapid with the actual mapid if you like so you don't have to be in that specific zone.
hi, when i send this command in console "d(AceLib.API.Weather.Get(398).now)" , it gives me a wrong weather, it seems there is a problem with weather in map ID 398
actually, command return "fair skies", real weather in map id 398 is "cloud"
(02-06-2016, 11:41 AM)flash61000 Wrote: [ -> ]hi, when i send this command in console "d(AceLib.API.Weather.Get(398).now)" , it gives me a wrong weather, it seems there is a problem with weather in map ID 398
actually, command return "fair skies", real weather in map id 398 is "cloud"

Its more than 398. Im in 399 here.