MMOMinion

Full Version: Crafting - Optimising mats usage NQ/HQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, had a search about but can't seem to find anything obvious. Have finally worked out crafting profiles (Thanks to Sebbs video's - cheers for that). 

I have been using Basabots for crafting, but it looks like it is on its arse, never to return. One useful thing though I have found with Basa is I can specify the amount of HQ mats I would like to use in each of the (up to 6) ingredient sections. Is there a way I can do this with Minion? Basic example is I have 80NQ and 40HQ Rainbow Cotton Bolls, 40 NQ and 40HQ standard cotton bolls. I would like to be able to use the 2NQ/1HQ for the rainbow and the 1NQ/1HQ for the ordinary cotton bolls - helps with inventory management after grind and gets a nice wee start on the quality...sometimes just enough to get past the worst first 5% of the quality bar and a lot more likely to get the HQ item.

Attached is a pic of their layout.

Thanks in advance for any assistance here.

[attachment=4230]
I use to use this bot too years ago when ff14 first came out and I remember finding it to be very simple and efficient its basically a glorified macro bot. For some reason I find the minion crafting more complicated perhaps cause I'm just not that good at setting up the crafting skills in correct order with all the variables in place but im working on it
(02-24-2016, 10:59 AM)Nikolazy Wrote: [ -> ]I use to use this bot too years ago when ff14 first came out and I remember finding it to be very simple and efficient its basically a glorified macro bot. For some reason I find the minion crafting more complicated perhaps cause I'm just not that good at setting up the crafting skills in correct order with all the variables in  place but im working on it

Sebbs video is excellent in his craft setup page...the only thing i would like to be able to do, if possible [if not, possible future feature] is to allow me the ability to part use HQ/NQ mats for the 1 ingredient so as I am not wasting mats (using all HQ when i can get away with only using 50% for 1 ingredient and 50% for another)...this is highly useful for CUL crafting too where 6 ingredients may be getting used...saves dumping into retainers (I have 6 at moment and all full, so that's not even an option...buying no more).
(02-24-2016, 12:08 PM)xbrico Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2016, 10:59 AM)Nikolazy Wrote: [ -> ]I use to use this bot too years ago when ff14 first came out and I remember finding it to be very simple and efficient its basically a glorified macro bot. For some reason I find the minion crafting more complicated perhaps cause I'm just not that good at setting up the crafting skills in correct order with all the variables in  place but im working on it

Sebbs video is excellent in his craft setup page...the only thing i would like to be able to do, if possible [if not, possible future feature] is to allow me the ability to part use HQ/NQ mats for the 1 ingredient so as I am not wasting mats (using all HQ when i can get away with only using 50% for 1 ingredient and 50% for another)...this is highly useful for CUL crafting too where 6 ingredients may be getting used...saves dumping into retainers (I have 6 at moment and all full, so that's not even an option...buying no more).

you can do that. if you manually set the quantities in the craft before for you start making it, it will stay the same.
(02-24-2016, 01:06 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]

you can do that. if you manually set the quantities in the craft before for you start making it, it will stay the same.

I'll try that, thanks...I though i had tried it once and it reset the quantities before it began...I'll look again.
(02-24-2016, 01:06 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]

I dont know if i am doing something wrong, but it only works for the 1st order...resets the numbers like i thought for the next amount and seems to be no way to lock in the ingredients i want to use.
You can't lock a particular ratio, it's all or nothing at this point until the API is updated.
(02-24-2016, 03:10 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]You can't lock a particular ratio, it's all or nothing at this point until the API is updated.

Thanks for the reply Ace. Is that something you guys are looking at coding in? Would be a nice wee feature to say the least...would deffo kill of the last of the competition i'd say! :)
It's been a long-standing request of mine to get done, so hopefully one of these days it will happen, but that's about all I can say about it.