MMOMinion

Full Version: Random FPS/texture issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been having consistent issues with FPS and texture bugs, exactly similar to the screenshots posted @ http://www.mmominion.com/thread-15407.ht...10+support

seems to be time or zoning based. meaning that when i zone into different areas often or at all, FPS starts to drop, and yellow texturing starts to appear all over the place and character models start disappearing. sometimes it happens sooner than usual. Once i reboot it goes away completely for a while until the cycle begins again.

specs:
Windows 10
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390X
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P -- AMD 970
CPU: AMD FX 8350

drivers are up-to-date. idk if it matters but i have ffxiv installed on my SSD where my OS is installed, as well as minion. When i play without bot attached, game works perfectly fine, no issues. Playing in default compatibility mode. 

Anyone have that issue and was able to fix it? any troubleshooting recommendations? 
(03-01-2016, 07:15 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]do not use compatibitly mode

God i wish it was that simple...

If it works for you let me know. Last time that issue occurred was because of a mem leak in the bot. I posted about it a while ago no reply.

If you figure something out please for the love of what ever god you pray to let me know because it is making the bot unusable having to reboot it every several zones.
drivers are up-to-date. idk if it matters but i have ffxiv installed on my SSD where my OS is installed, as well as minion. When i play without bot attached, game works perfectly fine, no issues. Playing in default compatibility mode. 

Also what he said here is playing in default compatibility mode. I think he means the default mode the bot has.
Ya i have it on default mode. and a memory leak sounds about right... im guessing windows 10 has something to do with it since this never happened when i was on windows 7. i remember having a similar issue i was able to fix by turning off some settings in ffxiv, but it was a while ago and i dont recall if it was before or after i started using minion, i'll look into it
this is what fixed my memory leak before (once again i dont recall if i was using minion or not when it worked) but i stopped crashing completely once this was changed. im not home to test this. i'll try again later tonight. let me know if u guys already tried this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/...crash_fix/

pic: http://img2.finalfantasyxiv.com/accimg/6...a14784.png
There is no memory leak in the bot anymore. Even if there was, it would not lead to gfx problems. It would just crash the client.
i see. well is there anything recommended for troubleshooting? i've been trying to troubleshoot for a few days. and sorry, i forgot to answer all the required questions.

*What OS are you running? Windows 10 x64
* What AV is installed? MS Security Essentials
* Where is the bot installed? C:\MINIONAPP
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? No
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? Yes, rapt and CCC but raptr is not on when i run the bot.
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE? Yes
* Are you running the bot as admin? Yes
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? minionapp run the client
*Are you running any Bot addons? Gathering 1-60, Nin Assister
You guys should really stop using the word "memory leak" unless you understand what it is.
It's about as accurate as saying that the flux capacitor on your car is causing the headlight fluid to leak.
ok. my apologies.
same situation for a long time
Pages: 1 2 3 4