MMOMinion

Full Version: Nav Mesh Loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello -

I haven't seen anyone posting this specific issue in a while, and I was kind of hoping an update may come along and fix it but so far, no dice. I'm using the gathering addon from the store profile and running a basic profile, to just mine about 6-7 items, no primary. That means it travels a lot, mostly to the newer areas, mines, and heads back to idyllshire. Unfortunately, I can't run it for more than 30 minutes to an hour at a time because it starts to fail in the navmesh.

This is across two different computers, all of which the specs are well above and beyond what they need to be. One is a 4690k with a gtx980ti, the other is a slave computer running an FX7890k with a R9 290x. The latter computer the AMD, is brand new and recently had minion app installed on a brand new OS, and it is having the same issues.

It's completely random and theres no way to load a console screen because the entire Minion App GUI is unresponsive. It just sits there, and I come back to sitting at a random aetheryte with time wasted.

Please, if anyone can give me any advice on how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it. I know it's not memory related, the 980ti computer has 64gb of ram and the R9 has 32gb of ram. I've even tried disabling rendering, which still doesn't help very much. At times, I'll randomly get a couple hours out of it, but I haven't got a full day of mining in a couple of months now, I know it has something to do with one of the updates.

tl;dr: Issues with navmesh loading, constant GUI crashes that lead the bot to be stuck at aetheryte for hours. Unable to use for more than a couple of hours, usually less than an hour and requires constant supervision. This is a far cry from previous performance and happening across two different computers, on different architectures, one of which was just built in the past month.

Please let me know if this isn't the proper forum. Thank you.
Looks like I lied, they are aware of it, although the update(s) so far still haven't resolved the issue. Link to the thread is here: http://www.mmominion.com/thread-16220.html
(04-25-2016, 06:58 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]I ma really working big time on it , although I hoped to have it ready this weekend, silly ffxiv made problems .... I'm on it everyday , prio 1

Thanks fx, it really is appreciated.
(04-25-2016, 05:39 AM)Dajjan Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like I lied, they are aware of it, although the update(s) so far still haven't resolved the issue. Link to the thread is here: http://www.mmominion.com/thread-16220.html

Fx, sorry to bother you, I know you have a lot on your plate, but I'm still having issues. It doesn't happen as often anymore, and it's easy to fix it, but my game is still having issues loading the navmesh at times. This is an issue that is plaguing 3 of my computers now, so I know it has to be the bot itself.

It's the same issue, just having trouble loading when its entering a new area. Kind of brings down the reliability of the bot, was this fixed in the recent update? Is there anything I can do to fix it? It doesn't happen all the time, just after an hour or so, then its dead in the water at an aetheryte chilling for a while until I manually fix it. It's incredibly frustrating.
(05-02-2016, 07:16 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]do me a favor and check the memory of your computer while it loads / switches maps after some time, the stuff crashes/breaks/stopsworking/getsstuck in loading screen when your computer goes above ~1.4 GB of used memory of ffxiv. stupid ffxiv is badly coded and optimized....post it in that other thread where I'm trying to get all stuff together now.

Will do, bro. Thank you.
Can you tell me the workaround how to manually fix it without restarting the game completly, it's getting really frustrating.
(05-02-2016, 12:42 PM)Waldstein Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me the workaround how to manually fix it without restarting the game completly, it's getting really frustrating.

Open the Navmesh via the giant "M" and reselect the navmesh you want loaded. It'll say not ready at the top, but it reloads it when you manually select it. It works about 85% of the time so I don't have to restart.
(05-03-2016, 08:00 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]now that wuld be weird...if you can load another mesh after it "failed" aka an exception was thrown at c++ side while loading hte mesh /due to out of memory issues)
could you please tripple check the minion console (CTRL + C) if that happens again ? anything written in there maybe ?

Will do, fx. I'll post it in that thread after I've recreated it.
Pages: 1 2