MMOMinion

Full Version: ATTENTION: All Amd graphic users read this.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are you sick and tired of playing ffxiv and your characters legs are missing? Are you tired of how housing and floors and walls and eventually virtually EVERYTHING turns a yellowish/greenish color. With the occasional most beautiful glossy silver white floor you have ever walked on?? Well if you are follow this guide 100000000% are all of your problems will be fixed. (Well, at least some of them) :)

Also another issue this has fixed for me is the memory issue. I have zoned at least 20 times now to flying/non flying zones. Issue has not exceeded 1000 mb! Please if you are having issues. Do this!

Believe me, I fought with fxfire and almost every other admin thinking this was a bot issue and bot issue only. It is not a bot issue at all AMD is just not playing nice with this bot but there is a solution to fix it. You need to follow each step 100% if you don't well then shit i am sorry that you don't want to get your shit fixed. If you do follow and still have problems I am sorry :( Maybe i can find something else to help you like a bat to your computer or something.

Step 1: Turn everything off dont have mmominion or ffxiv running

Step 2: Go to your uninstall program and features area.

Step 3: Uninstall your AMD Install Manager and anything else AMD related. When that next screen pops up for the AMD Installer make sure ALL ITEMS ARE CHECKED. 

Step 4: Wait for the uninstaller to finish it can take a while. Go get a drink or something. When you come back and you see the words DONE in the bar... Wait... It's not relly done. Wait for the AMD Installer to come up and click RESTART LATER.

Step 5: Go to PlaysTV and uninstall it. It will be pretty quick.

Step 6: Go to raptr uninstall it It is pretty quick as well. 

Step 7: RESTART the computer. Wait for it to come back. Your screen is going to look huge and weirdly formatted just log back in.

Step 8: Go to support.amd.com and find your driver. There is a crimson edition 16.4.2 DONT USE THIS (that is in beta do not use it at least for purpose.) Go to the 16.3.2 and download the Radeon Software and RUN it.

Step 9: The installer will come up. Click Install... and wait...

Step 10: You will then get the fancy installer called AMD Installer. You will need to select your shit here. DO NOT click all the icons. Make sure AMD Gaming Evolved App is Not Checked. The Catalyst Control Center is unchecked and make sure VulkanRT is NOT CHECKED. 

Step 10.5: IF YOU GET ANOTHER INSTALLER TO POP UP DO NOT HIT INSTALL CLOSE IT OUT ONLY FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS

You can leave audio driver, install manager, display driver, amd settings, amd branding. 
Just absolutely make sure VulkanRT and Gaming Evolved App and Catalyst Control Center are NOT NOT NOT checked.

Step 11: Reboot your PC and enjoy the game!

I hope this works and fixes your frustration. It helped me a lot. At least so far. Sorry FXFIRE and everyone else for the headaches and frustration this has caused. It was always related to our shit.
Also on a side note. If your are using legacy graphics cards you will have the old white and red installer. You need to go to Customize and make sure all that other junk is unchecked.
Going to try this when I get back from work, thanks Moogle.
Anytime let me know if this works for you I have been gathering for the past 10 hours no yellow still low RAM usage and running flawlessly
Is this relevant to all AMD cards? Im on an old 5850.
If your having issues as I explained follow it. Just you will be using legacy drivers. So when it gets to the red and white installer go to custom instead of express and make sure catalyst control center, vulkanrt, evolved gaming are all unchecked.
(05-03-2016, 11:39 AM)Dajjan Wrote: [ -> ]Going to try this when I get back from work, thanks Moogle.

Please let me know if this helps you I have been running now 20 hours and no problem
(05-03-2016, 11:40 PM)Moogle Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2016, 11:39 AM)Dajjan Wrote: [ -> ]Going to try this when I get back from work, thanks Moogle.

Please let me know if this helps you I have been running now 20 hours and no problem

I'm testing it now!

If this works, i'll kiss you on the mouth.

I'll update in a few hours
Moogle -

Trying it now, but I never had the Raptr or Vulkan programs installed, just catalyst controller. I'm hoping that removing that fixes it: -fingers crossed-
I'm about an hour in, no performance drops at all, no lag, no yellow shit, no floating legs, no missing chocobos.

I think we've got a winner.
Pages: 1 2