MMOMinion

Full Version: Beast tribe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
can we expect soon a addon for beast tribe quests/ dailys?

i am sure many players will have interess to buy such a addon.

Congratulate

regards super4uwak
if you used the search function you would have found quite some question regarding this.
i did.
it say the bot dosent support yet but my question is more, are they plans that the bot will support that soon?
or is that not even on priority list...?

i have no idea about how the bot works but for me doesnt seems any diffrence between a normal quest and the beast tribe quest, dunno where exactly the problems are.

regrads super4uwak
(06-18-2016, 06:55 AM)super4uwak Wrote: [ -> ]i did.
it say the bot dosent support yet but my question is more, are they plans that the bot will support that soon?

i have no idea about how the bot works but for me doesnt seems any diffrence between a normal quest and the beast tribe quest, dunno where exactly the problems are.

regrads super4uwak

They do work exactly the same, which is why there's a problem.

This question has been answered before, but basically the bot works by reading the ffxiv dat file.  That dat file contains flags for quests as complete or not complete.  The bot in turn reads that flag to determine if the quest can be done.  If the bot reads a "complete" flag, it won't do it.  What this means is, if someone were to make the bot to complete the dailies, it would finish them each one time (causing the flag in your dat file to go to "complete") then never do them again.  This is why NONE of the bots out there can do dailies.  This is also true of things like leves, or any other repeatable quest.

There's a way you can get around this by designing the quest profiles and getting them to go to completion, but the act of getting the quest can't be done without getting some serious errors, which is what other bots have to offer right now.  An example of an error would be like, not including the check as to whether not it's been completed, your character would repeatedly sit there trying to get the quest from the quest giver.
(06-20-2016, 05:18 AM)staticx27 Wrote: [ -> ]

regrads super4uwak

This question has been answered before, but basically the bot works by reading the ffxiv dat file.  That dat file contains flags for quests as complete or not complete.  The bot in turn reads that flag to determine if the quest can be done.  If the bot reads a "complete" flag, it won't do it.  What this means is, if someone were to make the bot to complete the dailies, it would finish them each one time (causing the flag in your dat file to go to "complete") then never do them again.  This is why NONE of the bots out there can do dailies.  This is also true of things like leves, or any other repeatable quest.

There's a way you can get around this by designing the quest profiles and getting them to go to completion, but the act of getting the quest can't be done without getting some serious errors, which is what other bots have to offer right now.  An example of an error would be like, not including the check as to whether not it's been completed, your character would repeatedly sit there trying to get the quest from the quest giver.

I always wondered about this, now I get why it's not an option. Makes complete sense, thanks for taking the trouble to explain.
(06-20-2016, 05:18 AM)staticx27 Wrote: [ -> ]

regrads super4uwak

so the main problem is just to accept the quests?

would it be possible that accept the quest on my own and the bot just finish the quest for me which are in my open quest list?

regards super4uwak
(06-20-2016, 03:53 PM)super4uwak Wrote: [ -> ]so the main problem is just to accept the quests?

would it be possible that accept the quest on my own and the bot just finish the quest for me which are in my open quest list?

regards super4uwak

StaticX27 Wrote:There's a way you can get around this by designing the quest profiles and getting them to go to completion, but the act of getting the quest can't be done without getting some serious errors, which is what other bots have to offer right now.

Yes.  No one has put it in the store though, so your only other option is to make it yourself.  It's not a trivial amount of work to do something like this.  For some that I've seen, you're looking at thousands of lines of code for each quest (Someone who has undertaken this, who I will leave to chime in on their own) said they were up to around 90k lines of code or something thereabouts, just on the HW dailies.

What you have to do is go in your quest manager and make something for each daily quest.  No one has done this yet (some have, but they don't wanna share =P).
I saw all the previous posts but this one tells me why, thanks for the explanation.