MMOMinion

Full Version: A Few Questions Before I Purchase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. So I really want a good bot for FFXIV. Mostly to level up my gathering and crafting classes, and eventually the remaining combat classes I have as well but that isn't my primary goal for the moment.

I used to bot in WoW using the Buddybot but I got pretty bored with the game over all and switched to FFXIV. I never got banned for botting in WoW even though a bunch of my friends did, but I am still kinda nervous about botting in FFXIV. How often do gathering bots get busted and banned? I know that no bot is completely safe but is it a major issue with this bot?

I was reading a bit on the forums here and apparently you have to pay extra for add-ons? What do those usually run for something like a good gather leveling profile? I'm based in the US so I'm not sure of the currency change for Euros which the bot itself seems to be priced with. If I bought a months subscription to the bot and the profiles for Botany/Mining/Fishing about how much would that end up costing?

And lastly, is the bot easy to use? I am not tech savvy at all. I had my ex-boyfriend set up my WoW bot for me but since we're not together anymore I don't think he'll come over to set up another bot for me. Lol

Is it pretty easy to set up?
There is a gathering addon that costs 14,99EUR that works very well, fully afk-able, levels your classes, does their quests and can be set to gather any item. As far as ban rates, ive used Minion quite a bit, and while I have several toons banned it was always because of dungeon botting, never had issues with gathering or grinding. That said, like you yourself said nothing is 100% safe, but use your head and dont bot 24/7. change arround a bit what you do, do some stuff manually like obtaining titles, some non-store gear ect and that goes a long way to convince people that your not a bot. I think most people dont really care much about bots theese days as long as your not super obious (like having 8 toons with names like "asdb shdbf" always moving together on /follow).
Minion is also easy to use, there is plenty of easy to follow guides and a good support system to answer questions if ur stuck.
Hope this helps :)
Some servers are more active with the bot hunters then others as well. Balmung has a decent witch hunter cult who seem to enjoy using their sub time to hunt down bots. I see people fate bot 24/7 which will eventually get you banned. Some new accounts or itleast players I am noticing as well botting 24/7 to level up classes. I would either avoid the highest pop realms if that is something you plan to do or make better use of common sense.
I've used Minion on and off for a few years. If you watch what you're doing you'll be fine. I only use it to gather or FATE grind and it works fine. I also don't AFK bot checking in every 30 mins or so and I don't bot for longer than 4 hours at one time. Take an hour break and play for a few more.