MMOMinion

Full Version: after update overlay no longer showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ugh, cant win.  any ideas?  have already uninstalled minionapp/ffxivminion completely and reinstalled and ran off a freshly restarted computer with nothing running.

worked pre update so im at a loss.

It was running last night till they took the servers down.

Also tried it on 2 computers, no dice on either.
* What OS are you running? Windows 10
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) None
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path) C:\MINIONAPP
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? None
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? Mumble Installed but not running
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE? Yes, was working fine prior to update
* Are you running the bot as admin? Tried both ways
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? Tried both ways
*Are you running any Bot addons? Fresh install thus havent installed any yet
still nada. ticket in ~30m ago.

anyone know where minion saves its data at? Ive uninstalled and ran ccleaner and still when reinstalling it has some of my info such as keycodes/login saved.

figure i might as well try to delete that too.

ftr it also wont save appearance color changes after exit/restart. (not sure if this is related so figured i'd put that out there)
You're not alone, I have the exact same issue. Bot says attached, but doesn't show UI. Once I hit stop it closes the game. 
It also worked for months before this patch.  Complaint
using another bot for now >.<

why is this one so finicky? perhaps that oughtta be addressed in the next client? Does it have to do with the way the overlay is designed or something? If you cant tell ala my name ive ran bot teams on at least a half a dozen mmo's using thrice as many different bots and this is the only one ive had with such particular requirements (of which ive met and still having issues).

the support is another thing alltogether :P I get it though, its more of a firehack type community, depend on yourself n all that. Which is largely fine but ive exhausted every route I can think of.

Yes i have afterburner installed. Yes it was installed before this update and working fine whether i had it running or not. The issue with afterburner is that its tied to RTSS which is whats responsible for the overlay features. You can sever that tie via the cfg file which i have done.

I've gone through my process list and disabled/stopped services for things taht could even be remotely related.

Windows firewall is off, completely. The service does not run. I dont use an antivirus or antimalware. Windows defender is disabled via group policy (or removed, cant remember - maybe both)

Fresh restart with every single startup item disabled in taskmanager and still no overlay.

Tried as admin (always admin also disabled UAC via registry), tried compatability mode, reinstalled gpu drivers even though they worked fine pre update.

Few other things im probaly failing to mention.

Stumped.
(11-01-2016, 06:05 PM)Ashleyness Wrote: [ -> ]You're not alone, I have the exact same issue. Bot says attached, but doesn't show UI. Once I hit stop it closes the game. 

phew.  not seeing other posts I didnt know what to make of it.

I'm in the discord atm but nobody is replying.  If i do hear back and its something of substance to address this i'll be sure to post here in an effort to help :P
(11-01-2016, 06:05 PM)Ashleyness Wrote: [ -> ]You're not alone, I have the exact same issue. Bot says attached, but doesn't show UI. Once I hit stop it closes the game. 

any luck yet?  no advice in discord thus far other than what ive already done.  still not working.  ugh
When I got home from work, I logged into my ffxiv the normal way to get the update, then i ran minion and got the updates from that. When I tried to launch the game via minion I didn't get the normal menu bar at the top of the game screen (I assume that's what you refer to as the overlay). I rebooted my computer, twice. This time I launched the game via minion and everything worked as expected. Clicked start for my 2nd account and it didn't load the overlay. So I got one account to work, but can't get any others working.
(11-01-2016, 08:09 PM)tadeus Wrote: [ -> ]When I got home from work, I logged into my ffxiv the normal way to get the update, then i ran minion and got the updates from that.  When I tried to launch the game via minion I didn't get the normal menu bar at the top of the game screen (I assume that's what you refer to as the overlay).  I rebooted my computer, twice.  This time I launched the game via minion and everything worked as expected.  Clicked start for my 2nd account and it didn't load the overlay.  So I got one account to work, but can't get any others working.

your +1 on me lol.

you know the first time i had it working I had sorta the same issue.  it didnt work at all then all of a sudden it started working.  So far no dice here though.

worst part is theyre stuck on removing all my software, software it worked fine with before.  So i did it, largely to placate the powers that be.

course it fixed nothing and now i have to reinstall and reconfigure a buncha shit.

love the bot but ill be damned if ive ever seen something so buggy/finicky/stringent when it comes to loading.

keep me posted - ill do the same, got 3 more hours to work on it before its raid time.
So no good. just bought a new rotation today too. raid time for next few hours then ill be back at it. if you guys figure out a solution i'd appreciate a post cause im running real low on ideas.
Pages: 1 2 3