MMOMinion

Full Version: Stutter/performance issue with bot attached
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

It took me a while but I only realised it yesterday why I get stuttering issues and fps drop in crowded areas (Idyllshire is the best example, but it doesn't have to be players, the more player/npcs/enemies are on screen the more stutter I get).

I play on borderless windowed mode 1920x1080 120Hz. I researched it a lot and tried many different things but then I realised to try and play the same way but with the bot unattached and it's smooth as ever. When the bot is attached though the more people are around the less stress my GPU received, I saw it drop down to 20-30% in Idyllshire (even the gpu frequency is lowered from 1,5Ghz to 1.2 etc.). When I reboot the game it doesn't feel so bad, but after 3+ hours even less crowded areas stutter quite a lot.

I tried giving the ff14.exe higher cpu priority but didn't help. Any ideas?
what you're describing is the big problem with the 32 bit bot, it can't handle crowded places after awhile, and will have severe drops or crashing

i'd wait out for 64 bit, but I have this same problem, so does my friends
(02-10-2017, 10:33 AM)Yamikumo Wrote: [ -> ]what you're describing is the big problem with the 32 bit bot, it can't handle crowded places after awhile, and will have severe drops or crashing

i'd wait out for 64 bit, but I have this same problem, so does my friends

Ok :(

I remember back in 2.x there was no such problem though ;)
Yeah this is the new normal, hopefully the 64bit helps fix this problem when it's released. For now you can set your objects viewed on screen to minimum to help alleviate the issue (somewhat).
I got used to it but have to restart game every 3 hours