MMOMinion

Full Version: 64Bit Nav and interact
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys

I installed the 64 bit version today and it seems there is a problem with the bot navigating and interacting while doing quests and duties, so much so that i have to switch to assist mode and/or do the task manually.....it's almost like the bot forgets, or doesn't know what to do next,  and it's happening a lot, has anyone else had a problem with this?
64bit meshes are known issue, especially flying.

Use 32bit if you can
Yeah i had to switch back to 32bit after trying it this morning. It kept trying to get to the roof of a building to kill Fate targets on top of it by going inside the building and staring up at the ceiling, instead of following the navmesh going around the building up the stairs on the outside. was watching the navmesh & pathing lines, it was funny. the stairs was clearly the only patch there, it was it didnt recognize the Z difference.
(02-27-2017, 10:05 PM)rm223a100 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i had to switch back to 32bit after trying it this morning.  It kept trying to get to the roof of a building to kill Fate targets on top of it by going inside the building and staring up at the ceiling, instead of following the navmesh going around the building up the stairs on the outside.  was watching the navmesh & pathing lines, it was funny.  the stairs was clearly the only patch there, it was it didnt recognize the Z difference.

What stairs? There's a chance that they might be too narrow and can't be meshed with the changes to the mesher.
(02-27-2017, 11:15 PM)HusbandoMax Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2017, 10:05 PM)rm223a100 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i had to switch back to 32bit after trying it this morning.  It kept trying to get to the roof of a building to kill Fate targets on top of it by going inside the building and staring up at the ceiling, instead of following the navmesh going around the building up the stairs on the outside.  was watching the navmesh & pathing lines, it was funny.  the stairs was clearly the only patch there, it was it didnt recognize the Z difference.

What stairs? There's a chance that they might be too narrow and can't be meshed with the changes to the mesher.

i'll have to load up the 64bit and snap a pic when maintainance gets over with.  But it was Northern Thanalan (x=247.48ish, y=28.31ish  Dev menu / 26.4-23.0 on the ingame map)

this is a pic of it in the 32bit version.  The 32bit version has no problem using the stairs.  and the navmesh for the stairs is even narrower than the 64bit.

[Image: DJQ45mq.jpg]
64 bit gets stuck on everything, even small cracks on the grounds

It's really annoying, and with how shitty 32 bit is, it's becoming really frustrating to do anything not manually
are you using the mesh dropbox? Those should be more current.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gwm1fq5x66mmd...tcZva?dl=0
the update this morning was the dropbox mesh ?

have lot of navigation pb with 64 (like i go out of ildyshire for blue script with gather addon, chocobo try to fly, hit the arch run back and hit the arch in boucle, in Azys la it stay at etherite, and some other) and 32 is so instable on my pc ;;
(03-02-2017, 08:18 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]Once I'm back from my little vaca, I'll dig into the navigation. So far, there are 2 things that have to be seperated:
- bad mesh leading to stucks (Haven't that seen at all btw.)
- "Endpoint not on the mesh" -> quest profile + mesh problem
- super long paths in the huge HW maps that end up with "could not find a path" -> ugly to fix, but I have something in mind that I'll try

As the guy before me pointed out, one of the biggest problems is the Idylshire loop you get stuck on, you constantly fly up and down by the arch and it happens anytime you leave Idyll through that gate, rendering 64 bit useless for any kind of thing in the Hinterlands
Yah the path-finding needs to be tweaked for 64bit. Again 64bit ffxiv is a work in progress ;)
Pages: 1 2