MMOMinion

Full Version: Requesting Dev advice- I want to make racing bot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im genuinely unsure why this isnt already a feature. So Im wanting to create, myself if possible, a rudimentary duty-like profile that will simply enter chocobo races. The difference between winning a race and last place isnt enough to even necessitate any function inside the actual race whatsoever

Since Ive seen plenty of duty stuff do way more complex things than what I have in mind here, Im sure this is possible, and likely simple. 

Tips on how id get started? Why are duty profiles in an odd .pax or something extension?
To clarify a bit more- it is my hopes that I can knick some of the included preexisting code and combine or change a few minor things around to make this work. Like I said, many profiles do these exact things already.

Go to X coordinate, talk to NPC, accept accept accept, enter duty, repeat in 2 minutes.
we would need to add the gui manipulation to enter the races before this can happen, its on the list but not high priority
Sorry, but may I ask if thats really necessary? All Im trying to get the bot to do is talk to an npc, accept a quest and enter a duty. It already does this with dozens of different NPCs and dutys

Im trying my hardest right now. But my nonexistent knowledge is somewhat of a hindrance. Im modifying one of the 1-15 quest profiles with new correct coordinates, NPC ID, proper level..the bot just keeps porting to grind somewhere, no matter what I do...
(03-05-2017, 10:33 PM)Leodicks22 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but may I ask if thats really necessary? All Im trying to get the bot to do is talk to an npc, accept a quest and enter a duty. It already does this with dozens of different NPCs and dutys

Im trying my hardest right now. But my nonexistent knowledge is somewhat of a hindrance. Im modifying one of the 1-15 quest profiles with new correct coordinates, NPC ID, proper level..the bot just keeps porting to grind somewhere, no matter what I do...

Well everything you want to do is doable and I just set it all up and got the values BUT without actually moving forward in the racing you get DNF.
And yeah seems the GUI is different for accepting duties and there is also a GUI to leave then those values need to be put into the bot.
So if you want to just DNF every race then its very easy to setup atm.
Also chocobo racing MGP is trash.
^ Whoa, jeez...what the heck could I have done wrong...Guess thats why youre a dev and im not. Just looked up what DNF means. Thats fine because the xp is still significant, esp relative to none. Also I already have 3 options of solving that in a way. Whenever I afk I just use elastic band to hold stick up on controller, or the lb button down. Otherwise I could designate a special key to always be held to make chocobo accelerate. Im sure i can find a way around that without messing up bot. Also, there is no need to exit it, it does eventually kick you out after the finish screen after about 2 minutes.

But whatever! Id love to have the script if you would be so kind, HusbandoMax-senpai :D

I actually spam cuff a cur nightly for MGP. About 80k/night. I think chocobo racing mgp pays off well later on. I actually enjoy the racing though, but getting a bird that doesnt suck and spamming races that are usually unwinnable anyway is the tedious part id like to skip.

Also, how can I find you on discord thingy?
(03-06-2017, 03:11 AM)Leodicks22 Wrote: [ -> ]^ Whoa, jeez...what the heck could I have done wrong...Guess thats why youre a dev and im not. Just looked up what DNF means. Thats fine because the xp is still significant, esp relative to none. Also I already have 3 options of solving that in a way. Whenever I afk I just use elastic band to hold stick up on controller, or the lb button down. Otherwise I could designate a special key to always be held to make chocobo accelerate. Im sure i can find a way around that without messing up bot. Also, there is no need to exit it, it does eventually kick you out after the finish screen after about 2 minutes.

But whatever! Id love to have the script if you would be so kind, HusbandoMax-senpai :D

I actually spam cuff a cur nightly for MGP. About 80k/night. I think chocobo racing mgp pays off well later on. I actually enjoy the racing though, but getting a bird that doesnt suck and spamming races that are usually unwinnable anyway is the tedious part id like to skip.

Also, how can I find you on discord thingy?

Just join the discord chat if you're not already. I'm always there so just yell at me in one of the channels or something... I found the values to accept and leave the duty I just need to see what can be done about the dnf. I'll look more into it shortly.
Guess I just DMed you in Discord. I dont use it for much but my FC in game. And its all my main account stuffs so Id rather not be causin a ruckus in there