MMOMinion

Full Version: Please update the wiki on Navigation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It just does not work anymore.
Even if you follow the instructions, the mesh will not save, thus you cannot make or modify meshes.
(03-18-2017, 09:47 AM)toxicfrog Wrote: [ -> ]It just does not work anymore.
Even if you follow the instructions, the mesh will not save, thus you cannot make or modify meshes.

They're in the wiki ;D http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=navmesheditor
@nknwn666

Well, you initiate the thing the same way.
There is an X big highlight below me. I put it on road and all, but as soon as I move, it just moves with me.
Like it doesn't leave a "trace", e.g.: I cannot make road, nor edit them.

I want to fix the navmesh, more than make new ones. But for starters, making a small new mesh would be fine too.

@HusbandoMax

Oh, there is ANOTHER wiki?
I found one link that said "outdated, check the wiki".
Clicked it, and it had different content again.
Sadly, it does not work. Its the same video.

If I press Record for Road or something, it just paints all the ground (not just in my vicinity) yellow.
Editing the existing mesh is also impossible.

Grinder also just says "Character is idle, teleporting, etc." Not even showing what it wants to do.
Grrr.
I really want to love the bot, but trouble, after trouble.
(03-18-2017, 12:56 PM)toxicfrog Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, it does not work. Its the same video.

If I press Record for Road or something, it just paints all the ground (not just in my vicinity) yellow.
Editing the existing mesh is also impossible.

Grinder also just says "Character is idle, teleporting, etc." Not even showing what it wants to do.
Grrr.
I really want to love the bot, but trouble, after trouble.

Watch the video better.
There is a distance usually set on 30 that it will record around you. Usually you use low danger  for the mesh.

You shouldn't need to do any meshes for normal grinding. They all come with the bot. 
Make sure all your settings are correct for what you want it to do.
Yeah I found the issue, I used the 64 bot.
So ... I am confused.

The normal bot (DX9) shows the mesh properly. But it does not do anything.
The 64 bot grinds very good, like does hunting IF it can navigate - which is really rare as it gets stuck 99.9999% of the time. Teleports somewhere, hops on Chocobo and says I should hang myself cause it ain't gonna do anything.
Sassy bot.

As I said, the mesh editor could work if I could fix the navmesh issues, BUT it doesn't work.
Oh god.

I mean I tried the Bud product (other company), they only had a 32 bit version. Which crashes or does nothing.
They also have serious development problems, as far as I can tell active development there stopped a long time ago.
Ok, so the "does not work".
STUCK A:
1) I press questing. Start.
2) It teleports.
3) Hops on Chocobo.
4) Waits.
If I open console, it says my character is either teleporting, yadda yadda.

STUCK B:
1) I press grinding. Start.
2) It teleports.
3) It waits.
If I open console, no route. (I told in OP where)

In order to fix the grinding, basically fixing the waypoints, I tried to edit the mesh.
Existing mesh:
1) Go into edit mode
2) Select type
3) Walk around
4) Nothing happens

New mesh:
1) Go into place mode
2) Select road type
3) Walk around
4) There is a circle around me and that's it
5) Save / Build / Show, nothing.

So which one are you interested in first?
The idle problem? The navmesh issue, or the map edit problem?
Of course, I have the show buttons ticked, the video is pretty self-explanatory.
Though, it is more similar to the 32-bit version, the 64-bit is just different.
(But matches none, both has a different interface/work to them.)

For the first two issues, I would like to get them fixed, help getting them fixed however I can.
For the map edit thing, I suppose the wiki should be edited, or a new video should be added.

1) Show the interface (like vid1), how to make a new mesh in the latest 64-bit client.
2) Show the interface (like vid2), how to edit an existing mesh in the latest 64-bit. (For example, fixing a problematic route.)
3) Show the interface, how to add/edit the "points" for jump and such.
4) Show how to debug the route if met with an error (No route), how to find said point, how to figure out things. Walking and checking "current pos" one click at a meter is painful.

By the way please don't be so grumpy mate, I am not just b.tching out of the blue. I am willing to help, co-operate in any way I can.
I like the bot, when it works, it works great. It would be just like even more greater if I could fix the mesh / make it work.
(03-18-2017, 08:36 PM)toxicfrog Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, I have the show buttons ticked, the video is pretty self-explanatory.
Though, it is more similar to the 32-bit version, the 64-bit is just different.
(But matches none, both has a different interface/work to them.)

For the first two issues, I would like to get them fixed, help getting them fixed however I can.
For the map edit thing, I suppose the wiki should be edited, or a new video should be added.

1) Show the interface (like vid1), how to make a new mesh in the latest 64-bit client.
2) Show the interface (like vid2), how to edit an existing mesh in the latest 64-bit. (For example, fixing a problematic route.)
3) Show the interface, how to add/edit the "points" for jump and such.
4) Show how to debug the route if met with an error (No route), how to find said point, how to figure out things. Walking and checking "current pos" one click at a meter is painful.

By the way please don't be so grumpy mate, I am not just b.tching out of the blue. I am willing to help, co-operate in any way I can.
I like the bot, when it works, it works great. It would be just like even more greater if I could fix the mesh / make it work.

I still don't see the issue. The mesher and navigation is fine. 
Is what I'm getting is that you're getting stuck somewhere in the mesh and you're trying to fix that? 
If that's the case try to provide more details on what you're doing and console messages.
You shouldn't really need to touch the meshes unless something is unmeshed. Is all you need to do is record the area with the low danger mesh and fill it in or to delete mesh use the delete option. Once thats done, Save, Build and you should be good. Everything you need should be in those videos from the wiki.
When you have the issue again screenshot and console with a bit more info so we can see whats actually going on.
Pages: 1 2