MMOMinion

Full Version: stack overflow, bot crashes almost immediately
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You name it, ive done it.   I have to believe the issue is on the bot-side of things until proven otherwise.  x86 version works fine ftr.

whether using the relogger or attaching manually, all looks fine for about 10 seconds then all minion windows go blank and the minion menu button is no longer clickable (but is moveable w/ right click).

I think its not clickable due to the rate at which the console is spamming errors as it runs on perpetually at super speed (i have to snipe ctrl+c to bring it up before the crash happens).

all i could manage to copy is the following, but it seems to repeat itself 

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]Minion\Bots\FFXIVMinion64\LuaMods/ffxivminion/ffxiv_navigation.lua"]:750: C stack overflow

17:2:40> failed with
   ?:0: C stack overflow

[/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]either way, as of now, my timer on my month is counting down and i cant use it at all.  Have tried a clean boot/selective start up.  have tried fullscreen/windowed/borderless.  have tried a fresh install of minion.  have tried running from a different location.  have tried w/ taking ownership.  have tried relogger vs manual attach.  have tried starting as different jobs or in different zones. [/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]all have the same result. [/color]

edit: now for kicks have also tried different gpu drivers. so can add that to the process of elimination/list
i hate that response. im sure it does work fine for lots of people. thats absurd coming from a developer! you know how these things work ;p

i know you didnt mean it that way but ive seen your posts in other stack overfrlow threads where it worked fine for everyone but the person posting, and it turned out to be a development bug.

as with any software, due to the infinite configs out there - just cause it works for one person doesnt mean that invalidates it not working for another.

as for providing proper details how to do it? can you clarify? I mean, ive been running the bot for years - im aware of how to attach, the options for attaching, and the options for troubleshooting my end. If im being honest ive had more trouble with this bot than any other for any game. Very finicky.

As for starting the bot, I dont get to that point. It attaches and thats it. about 10 seconds later the overlay windows go blank/empty and i cant bring up console to even see the errors or click minion button unless i did so before whatever triggered the crash.

if you care to scroll up i nthe x64 discord, ace, myself, and a few other people have already ran down what ive tried which is extremely extensive so all i can chalk it up to is a problem on you guys side coupled with my config.

if you recall last we spoke (the reason your in my DM list) is I had a problem with the x86 version a year ago or so and it turned out to be your end as well.

Sorry to be long winded or if i sound brash - i just put a lot of hours into this yesterday and troubleshooting ANYTHING for an end user shouldnt take "hours" lol. Im close to giving up which is disappointing but I have been a pc builder/user for the bettter part of 20 years and im out of ideas.
clean/fresh minion. no addons whatsoever installed. clean/fresh ffxiv as well. seems to be main bot. no issues with x86 so has something to do w/ x64 :(
I figured out the cause and it wasnt any of the aforementioned anything. it crashes if using any resolution other than what the game client allows in the drop box. cant use custom resolutions which leaves me playing in a small window. Full screen uses my desktop reso which is a custom resolution. borderless uses my desktop reso which is a custom resolution. windowed will work if i use a pre defined resolution provided in the games dropdown (not a solution for me unfortunately but at least i know what it is. Hoping you guys can address it). Using a non custom resolution leaves me with an oblong window since i play across 3 monitors in portrait, plus it disables SLI ;p
What i want to know is what resolution has to do with it, and moreso, why it causes an issue a good 10-30 seconds after attach? (and ofc if ya'll can fix it!)

to add to it - resizing the window TO a custom resolution after that point has passed seems to ahve no negative effect. The minute i resize the window, the dropbox in system settings chagnes to "custom" instead of one of the predefined. The crazy part is - if i select custom beforehand its gg ffxivminion a few seconds after attach
fixed completely! nvsurround > maximize windows across all displays. nvidia cucks again. Amazing that even interferes with the bot in any way shape or form but hey. 2 entire days almost top to bottom on that shite
thank you for going down the checklist with me. eventually had to figure it out. Its so obscure ill have to try to remember it for the future as well. Yet another hard taught lesson regarding going with multi gpu and/or multi display solutions :P

grats again on the little one :)
just as an update (hopefully you and the rest of the team see it in case its identifiable or solveable)

the issue returned. i solved it again but it got even weirder. So it wasnt the changing of the surround window behavior that fixed it. I happened to coincidentally reset my display settings when I did so.

I havent been able to test if the following holds up after restart (kid is watching plex atm and my gaming pc is also my server) but assume it will.

Anyways, the behavior is the following.

If i remove my ffxiv.cfg and restart the game. I can log in, and attach problem free so long as i adjust to any of the predetermined resolutions first. After selecting a predetermined resolution I can change to my fullscreen/resolution of choice.

this goes kaput on restart of the game however. It returns to attaching as usual - but blowing up after ~10 seconds.

I was about to settle with simply starting the game at a pre determined windowed resolution, attaching, and moving it up to where I need it as the only way to make it work. Annoying, inconvenient yes. But at least within reason.

Turns out (this is where it gets weird AF) If I take it in the "blowing up" state, shut it down, delete the .cfg (reset all system settings) again, and then proceed to set the display reso BEFORE ever logging in, its all gravy. attaches fine. stays loaded up fine. no problamo.

Now you guys likely know the inner workings of the bot and game and their interactions better than anyone - so perhaps this makes sense on some level thats above my pay grade. I know next to nothing about d3d api/graphics rendering pipelines etc so while i have it working - the ideal situation would be a tweak on your side that would allow me to change display settings without having to go through this whole song and dance. Or more importantly, prevent it from being an issue with someone in the future.

Either way, for now the result is the same. It works but the "fix" was a bit different than first realized.
Pages: 1 2