MMOMinion

Full Version: Fishing: No Hooking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi devs,

I have an odd problem on one of my machines. The fishing mode doesn't actually hook the fish. It picks the bait, throws out the line: but then nothing. Clearing the console basically brings up that it starts then "Attempt #1" and the next thing is the in-game "bait lost," and it casts again. Oddly enough Sebbs' quest profile for gathering/fishing works fine, of course we can't use it in the new areas. We even tried to have Sebbs' script fish in Limsa (which worked) then go with the fish mode and it didn't. This has all been a problem for a few weeks now (maybe longer, didn't try before: it never worked as far as we know since the 4.0 updates)

Here's the stuff I tried:
  • Reload Lua (no effect)
  • Restart game + bot (no effect)
  • Create a new profile/settings file (no effect)
  • Try different fishing profiles (no effect)
  • Tried using markers rather than manually walking up + selecting bait (no effect)
My own machine (my wife's the one having issues) works fine so I'm pretty sure that I know what I'm doing. Again since Sebbs' quest profile works I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. I just have no idea what it is.
(08-06-2017, 07:28 PM)BadGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi devs,

I have an odd problem on one of my machines. The fishing mode doesn't actually hook the fish. It picks the bait, throws out the line: but then nothing. Clearing the console basically brings up that it starts then "Attempt #1" and the next thing is the in-game "bait lost," and it casts again. Oddly enough Sebbs' quest profile for gathering/fishing works fine, of course we can't use it in the new areas. We even tried to have Sebbs' script fish in Limsa (which worked) then go with the fish mode and it didn't. This has all been a problem for a few weeks now (maybe longer, didn't try before: it never worked as far as we know since the 4.0 updates)

Here's the stuff I tried:
  • Reload Lua (no effect)
  • Restart game + bot (no effect)
  • Create a new profile/settings file (no effect)
  • Try different fishing profiles (no effect)
  • Tried using markers rather than manually walking up + selecting bait (no effect)
My own machine (my wife's the one having issues) works fine so I'm pretty sure that I know what I'm doing. Again since Sebbs' quest profile works I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. I just have no idea what it is.

I'm having the exact same problem. Posted about it above. :(
Hate to bump but any thoughts from the devs? Anything you want me/I should add here?
please profile or marker settings so we can check it
It appears all gathering is broken after today's/yesterday's update. I didn't have time before heading to work to sit there and troubleshoot, make screenshots, videos, or a diorama for the devs, but gathering in general isn't working and the bot is acting strangely and not even gathering or saying it can't find it's way to a node with mesh errors.

Also a good idea to make a backup of your bot before updating. I rolled mine back and everything works like a charm.

It would be cool if there was a Beta version we could try before a full version was pushed, but I understand the resources involved in that might be a bit strenuous.
all fishing completely screwed without hooking no matter what i do i cant get em to hook.....
unless u post settings or profile im not even gonna look.
The attached is the marker settings. I don have a profile so I just set it to Fish the default and i have the above problems like the others it will go to fish but it wont hook.
Having the same issue. I created a new thread about it but should have checked for others like this first.

Any idea what's going on?
Having the same issue on both my and my husband's PCs today.  His was fishing fine yesterday, mine was working at least as of last week (don't think I've fished on mine this week).  Neither will hook a fish today.

Here's my debug console and markers.  Multiple other markers and locations tested.

Happy to provide any other requested information.
Pages: 1 2